The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Magic Word by Scott Wells :: What is the Magic Word? :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3783 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
The purpose of The Magic Word is to provide quality content to magicians free of charge so that all can learn from some of the well-known and not so well known in our craft. But all have something important to share that moves our art forward.

The Magic Word includes lots of podcasts that take you behind the scenes at magic conventions plus give you deeper insight into the minds of some of magicians who are on lecture tours. The podcasts are a lot like “eavesdropping” on private conversations as you hear many magicians opening up and telling personal stories so you get to know them so much better. You can learn more about their creative process, how they developed their character and book shows. They talk about the current state of magic, practice, social media, dealers, conventions, marketing, and so much more.

I used to record podcasts with Dodd Vickers of The Magic Newswire including “This Week in Magic” and “Scott’s Signals” as well as participating in several other podcasts chatting about magic with other professionals. As I continued to submit convention reports to Dodd on a fairly regular basis, I think he was overwhelmed with my submissions. So, he encouraged me to start my own podcast website with all the updates. That was the genesis of The Magic Word that was then hosted by Posterous. Then in late April 2013, Posterous ceased operations so I migrated the content to Squarespace.

The podcasts of conventions are records of historical events that will live forever in cyberspace. That means you can go back and search the archives on The Magic Word for tons of stuff over the past years. If you plan to attend a convention that I have previously attended, then you can listen to those convention podcasts to get excited about what to expect this year. The podcasts are available through iTunes or you can also download them in an MP3 file through Google Feedburner.

The podcasts are recorded and uploaded at the end of each day so even if you can’t attend the convention, you will feel as if you are there, live, with all of the other registrants enjoying the camaraderie, excitement and fun of the event.

I am fortunate to attend several magic conventions each year and often perform, lecture or even organize some of the events. As a result I have gotten to know several other professional magicians so we can chat as friends and they speak openly and candidly about a myriad of things that you will no doubt find entertaining and educational.

In addition to the podcasts you will find several of the blog postings on The Magic Word to have photos of magicians, conventions and places. And occasionally you can enjoy videos running from one minute to one hour. There are times when just words or voice need to be accompanied with video to actually see and better understand what’s going on.

As mentioned previously, You can subscribe to The Magic Word through iTunes or Google Feedburner. You can also keep up to date by subscribing to the RSS stream.

In addition, The Magic Word has a Facebook Page where you can get advance notice of upcoming episodes plus see postings on The Magic Word.

And finally, you can even download the free app for the iPhone, iPad or Android and keep up to date on all podcasts. You can download the free app by Clicking Here!

Enjoy these podcasts on the go or on your computer. However you choose, you cannot lose!

Scotty out!

---
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks