The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Right or Wrong? :: A wonderful gesture (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
I wasn't sure where to post this, but I figured it shows a certain "right," or at least goodness.

I few years ago, I believe it was at a CAM convention, I had a wonderful experience which I realized was really worth sharing. I don't believe we spend enough time sharing these positive moments which pass by every day.

Roy Keupers had a table in the Dealers Room. I saw he was selling Superman gimmicks, which I noticed were manufactured by him. I believe prior to this, I had never payed much attention to the packaging of mine.

Anywho, I told him I had been using it for a while now, and was actually rather fond of it. In fact, I had used it so much that all the coloring had completely worn off.

Now, this is not a key to the gimmick working properly, and really shouldn't be an issue. It's not a fault in the manufacturing either, I had just used it quite often in my regular walk around work.

I had "it" on me, so I pulled the gimmick out and showed him. I wasn't complaining, or looking for anything, simply sharing my happiness with the product by the extent of its wear from regular use.

Without hesitation, Roy offered me a new gimmick on the spot.

That was incredibly nice, and giving of him. Spend a few SECONDS talking with him about the his work, and you will know he is a man driven by his passion for what he does.
I believe this gesture came from his pride in his products.

This is not meant as an endorsement of him and his products over any others, people all have their preferences, but I really though it was worth mentioning what he did, and saying that I appreciated it.

I still have the set he gave me, and they are now a shiny silver, just like their predecessor.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7042 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Roy is a gentleman.
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada