The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Fantastic Rubber Band Discovery... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Jay
View Profile
Elite user
Northern New Jersey
409 Posts

Profile of Jay
For those of you who do StarGazer or really any sort of rubber band work, these may be of some use. I plan to purchase a bunch of them, and work on a routine later. How often do you see something like this?

Animal Rubber Bands

Best,
Jay Smile
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Cool! Possibly the elephant one could be used to hold together index cards on which a spectator records a European country, animal, and color (the standard mentalism effect), and the animal would be revealed by the rubber band assuming the shape in the spectator's hand.

Larry D.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Some sweet possibilities if these don't become too commonly known.

Larry's idea is stellar! Good Magic thinking Larry!

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
DoctorAmazo
View Profile
Special user
Florida
643 Posts

Profile of DoctorAmazo
Quote:
On 2003-12-01 22:13, BroDavid wrote:
Larry's idea is stellar!

No, StarGazer is stellar. Larry's idea is "pachydermous"!! Smile Smile
ChessMess
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of ChessMess
Bingo!!

Great Find!

Do CMH, Lead into StarGazer, show star, talk about how in Lion King they considered the previous lion kings as those stars, say you'll now make 'insert animal here', twist twist... looks like mess... "hmm maybe the magic happens in your hands"... roll up rubber band, put in spectators hand, close... wave hand, spectator opens hand and lays out band... gasps ensue!

Great!

I just found this:

http://www.uwm.edu/~tholme/fun/mrb.htm

With some experimentation maybe we can come up with a way to make custom shaped rubber bands.

I could envision using cookie cutter molds in basic shapes instead of said 'finger'.
Jay
View Profile
Elite user
Northern New Jersey
409 Posts

Profile of Jay
I just got a few boxes of these today, and they are really well made. The material is not rubber, but silicone. They are a little thicker than regular bands, but very much unnoticeable during handling. I have a few ideas for them, which I hope to post when they are a little more thought out. The lady at the Container Store where my wife picked these up for me told her that they are stocking stuffers, and will not be sold after the holidays, unless they have a huge demand for them. Hope my 5 boxes lasts me until next Holiday season! Smile

Jay Smile
Shenaniganz
View Profile
New user
Cypress, CA
100 Posts

Profile of Shenaniganz
Look at what this girl wrote about them, “People love stargazer, and if you give them away they will keep them...and talk about you.”

Whirlygirl Animal Rubber Bands
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
779 Posts

Profile of Philippe
For any lady, Stargazer is a lovely give away. I always ask a lady "Tonight may I make you a Star"?
I use the Star band and a normal band to do a couple of bandy things, LMH and bands across knuckles during which the Star band is kept taught so it appears that both bands are normal. Then into Stargazer. At the finale I say "There, tonight I have made you a star" Super little giveaway, that and the pearl poodle.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24317 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2003-12-01 17:39, Jay wrote:
For those of you who do StarGazer or really any sort of rubber band work, these may be of some use. I plan to purchase a bunch of them, and work on a routine later. How often do you see something like this?

Animal Rubber Bands

Best,
Jay Smile

The original link no longer works. Here is the current one.

http://www.containerstore.com/browse/Pro......ID=64743
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
496 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
Does anybody know if you can get heart shaped rubber bands anywhere??

Håkan
:wavey:
Clarioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ferndown, Dorset, UK
624 Posts

Profile of Clarioneer
Quick search turned up this link for UK magi

http://www.pedlars.co.uk/page_66.html
catch you later

Clarioneer