The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Who made this himber ring? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Ty Argo
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
525 Posts

Profile of Ty Argo
I have a beautiful Signet-style himber ring with a red gemstone set in it. It is real gold and marked 14 karat.

It resembles an old Colelctor's Worskshop model, but I'd love to know if anyone has other thoughts. Thanks!

Click here to view attached image.
Dyslexics UNTIE!!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I had what appears to be your ring's "brother" about 25 years ago. It was an original Himber. I sold it then for, I think, $500.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Ty Argo
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
525 Posts

Profile of Ty Argo
Thanks for the insight, Dick. I appreciate it.
Any other info or guesses out there?
Dyslexics UNTIE!!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
That is really a nice ring, is the gem real? Never seen anything that nice on the magic market.

I don't think this would be a signet ring, as signet rings as the name implies, has a place to carve initials in the top of the ring.
Motley Mage
View Profile
Special user
572 Posts

Profile of Motley Mage
I have nothing constructive to add as far as the original question, but I did want to say...WOW! That's purty!
Ty Argo
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
525 Posts

Profile of Ty Argo
Not sure about the stone. I will get it checked out by jeweler if/when I sell the ring.

Bill- You're absolutely right about it not being signet. When I was researching it, the body of the ring looked similar to that if the signet design, with the exception of the stone in place of engraveable area. My mistake.
Dyslexics UNTIE!!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The reason I asked about the gem is because if it real, not only will that make the price upwards of a thousand dollars, but that would mean it is a one of kind original.

Examples:

http://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/signet-......nalized/

http://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/signet-......nalized/

http://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/ladies-......er-ring/

http://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/ladies-himber-ring/

Note most have fake gems.
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
I also bought one just like it about 30 years ago. I paid $300.00
Ty Argo
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
525 Posts

Profile of Ty Argo
According to my jeweler friend, it is a synthetic ruby.
Dyslexics UNTIE!!
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Profile of Scott Alexander
Looks to me like one of Himber's original marketed rings from back in the day. I saw one recently that was given to Bob Kline. Looked just like that one and I believe Himber used a simulated Ruby too.
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

www.scottalexander.bigcartel.com

Website

www.scottalexandermagic.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I agree with Scott.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Ty Argo
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
525 Posts

Profile of Ty Argo
Sadly, I've decided to sell this beauty. If anyone is interested, it is on the large auction website. Thanks for everyone's interest!
Dyslexics UNTIE!!
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Sad you're selling/sold the ring. I know a magiican who's not taken it off his pinky finger for three decades. It is one of a very, very few of the gem rings Richard Himber had made other than his band and signet. It must be worth a fortune because it's vintage, original, and rare one of a few. I hope you get top dollar for it, and they buyer truly realizes what they got.
Magically, Walt
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
The ring sold today on the big auction for $482. Someone got a nice deal. I thought about bidding, but in the end, I have too much stuff already and the cash is better used on other things at this point! Still, a nice collectible ring.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200941462232?ssP......23.l2649
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!! I think this sold for half - or even a third of it's true value. Someone lucked out for sure!
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Well, as I suspected, at Magic Live this last week this style ring went for almost $1,800 in the auction, whoever has this one, I hope they value it! Walt