The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Accessories :: Linkey by Alan Rorrison and Titanas Magic :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3783 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Linkey by Alan Rorrison and Titanas Magic

--------oOo--------

Description / Ad Copy: At any time you will be able to take your house key and visually link it to a rubber band. Both can be inspected before and after the magic happens. You can even take this super simple gimmick and link it to a borrowed necklace without loosing any of the visual impact!

We also teach you how to make a bonus gimmick that will allow you to borrow a set of keys, remove a single key from the set and visually link it back on and INSTANTLY hand it back to your spectator for examination.

Comes with a DVD, a precision made gimmick and rubber bands

----------

It would seem that far too often the latest trick being offered to the magic community just doesn't live up to the advertising hype. Promotional videos using careful editing or ad copy employing specific phrases often give the potential buyer (that's you) the wrong impression. That is to say, not everything is how we envisioned it would be and once we have the instructions in hand we often feel somewhat cheated…okay, robbed! Smile

I am happy to report that the ever creative Alan Rorrison along with producer Titanas have not only been very factual in their promotional advertising, but deliver the goods in a major way. Accurate video trailers, sound instructions and high quality props all add up to making very happy customers who in turn will unleash some great magic on an unsuspecting public. Isn't that the way it should be? Smile

You receive two common house keys (one is cleverly gimmicked), a small supply of rubber bands to get you started along with an instructional DVD. The keys you receive are blank, so a quick trip to your local locksmith will allow you to turn them into working keys for you - an added bonus. Alternately you could just leave them blank, claiming the key is very magical and doesn't require any cutting. Certainly an option for the more frugal among you.

The video is shot well with broadcast quality cameras and has good sound. The best part about this disc is the teaching. Alan has obviously performed this effect a zillion times and has all of the moves down to a science and it shows. He is not merely teaching as he goes (as so many DVDs seem to do), he is instructing you very methodically. The instruction is so well done that in truth, even a neophyte should be able to master the basic handling in a very short amount of time. Yes, It's that easy to do.

Some of you are no doubt wondering if the gimmicked key can actually be examined. Yes and no. Let me explain.
Technically speaking the gimmick can not be examined. However, Alan's teaching is so well constructed that the switch he teaches you is easy to do and is pretty much a no brainer. In actual use it's done on the off-beat and only a complete klutz could possibly screw this up. It is my honest opinion that If you obtain this trick and find it way too difficult to do the switch then I would suggest you stick with the old Penny and Dime trick, at least for now (see your favorite dealer). Now, for the experienced performer (who has the right audience management skills) a switch is not actually necessary as you could hand the key out. Can you actually get away with that? Yes you can. How do I know this? I've done this twice with the spectator's not being the wiser. A bit risky, but in the right situation it is possible. Just saying'. Smile

Now the basic effect is linking a key onto a rubber band and clearly you will be able to do this and do it quickly. However, you are also taught an alternate handling that will also allow you to link the key onto a spectator's necklace. I will add that not all necklaces will allow you to do this because of the way they are made, but plenty of them will be perfect so there is value in learning the routine. In addition, purchase two Linkey's and you will now have the option of linking two keys together. With the retail price being rather low this is something to seriously consider. Besides, even if you don't actually use the additional gimmick it's always nice to have a back-up in reserve as it were. Smile

Finally, you are taught a bonus routine whereas you borrow a spectator's set of keys, remove one of them and instantly crash link their key back onto their very own keyring then immediately hand the set back to them - no switches! Now, I will say that you'll need to purchase a little something to achieve the aforementioned effect, but it will cost you just pennies and is extremely easy to make. I might also add that this bonus item is arguably better than the main effect thereby making it very worthy of your serious consideration.

I will close now by saying that this effect is seriously strong and amazingly visual, so much so that I could see this easily being used on a television special with great success. Great teaching, props that will last a lifetime and at a price us common folk can afford. What more could you ask? I do not hesitate in giving this my highest recommendation!

---

My rating:

Suggested retail: $29.99

Available worldwide from your favorite dealer.

Dealers - contact Murphy's Magic Supplies, Inc.
11500 Gold Dredge Way
Rancho Cordova, Ca. 95742
Toll Free Order Line: 1-800-853-7403
Or visit Murphy's website:

Click here!
---
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks