The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Accessories :: Rakesh Syam's Aroma :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3783 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Rakesh Syam's Aroma

--------oOo--------

Description / Ad Copy: An assisting spectator holds out both hands palms down, chooses either hand, and then makes a free choice of one of many natural fragrances including Jasmine, Lavender, Lily, Vanilla and Musk (no force).
For instance if he/she has chosen Vanilla, the performer asks if they can smell vanilla in or on their hand, and the answer is an obvious “No”.

The participant is now instructed to imagine a piece of vanilla pod in their chosen hand, close the hand and start squeezing it, finally dropping the imaginary vanilla pod on the floor.
When the spectator now checks, he/she can actually smell vanilla on their hands. This distinct aroma can also be verified by other spectators

----------

As a magician my main goal is to entertain the audience. Whether I'm performing for a single person or a packed room my mission remains the same. Oh sure, if I can fool them that is a major plus but it's not my main interest.

Having said that, I personally feel that any assistance I can get in achieving said goal is generally welcomed with open arms and a smile.. Sometimes that help comes in the way of a clever gimmick, prop or well thought sequence of sleights or moves. Other times that help may be a bit more subtle, such as the use of sound to help convince the spectator a coin has fallen into their hand when in reality the object of interest has actually gone south. Smile

As a performer I firmly believe that good presentation and mechanical skills are a magicians best friend. However, when used properly, special effects do indeed help us to deceive both the senses and the mind of our target audience.

Now we have AROMA, an effect that is not only magical but plays upon the spectator's senses. However, instead of using flashy visuals or the clever implementation of sound we are exploring a lesser used magical technique - that of smell.
The method is simple and direct as is the accompanying gimmick and instructions. Quick, simple and strong, everything a magician looks for in a trick.

Is this effect for everyone? That will certainly depend on your own performing style. While its a no brainer to pull-off, I can't see a serious card guy doing something like AROMA. Mentalists will love this as will the spooky and mysterious type of performer.

Finally, I should point out that though a similar effect known as Scents of Wonder by the Miracle Factory stormed the world of magic some time ago, AROMA is quite different. Yes, both tricks employ the idea of smell but actually take different paths to the final destination. Smile

In conclusion I will say for the right performer this effect is pure gold. The gimmick is easy to carry and the trick can be prepared and ready to go at a moments notice. With good presentation this is miracle material just waiting to happen. I like it. Smile

----------

My rating:

Suggested retail: $39.00 (Free shipping in US & Canada)

Available exclusively from:

Mantra-Magic

Questions?

Mantra-Magic
E1, ES-98, Neela Building, Sampige Nagar,
Electronic City, Bangalore -560100
Phone: +91-99000-62442
Email: info@mantra-magic.com

USA Address Information
#71, Intn'l Gallery
255, East Flagler Street.,
Miami, Fl. 33131