The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Request: Which Ambitious Card? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
paulduggan
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of paulduggan
I am about to buy either Daryl's Ambitious Card DVD *OR* the Ellusionist one. I'm looking for advice from people who own, or who have seen both to give me an honest opinions as to which one they regard offers the best value in terms of teaching.
I do now this has been discussed before, but where it has the threads seem to have degenerated very quickly due to a lot of people who haven't actually seen one of the two products jumping in to bash it.
Without wishing to upset anyone, I'm not bothered if you find Brad a bit wooden or don't like his sales techniques or his lack of due crediting. Equally I can look pas Daryl's hideous choice shirts and spectacle frames if his video teaches the most useful moves the best.
I'd be very grateful if someone who is in a position to rate both discs could give their fair and honest opinion of where *they* think my money should go. Bear in mind that I can get the Daryl disk for $32 and the Ellusionist one will cost me about $45 including shipping.
Thankyou.
(PS I know about Ammar and I know about Eason, but I'm interested in these two)
It was a good battle, and they nearly won.
marien_zc
View Profile
New user
Dominican Republic
46 Posts

Profile of marien_zc
Ok they are both good, but if I were you I would go 1005 with daryl...

why?
Daryl's dvd teaches you about 30 different moves you can use for your own personal routine, and teaches you his award winning routine. Although this dvd is less quality, its much more straight foward, the material is better, and it teaches you how to create the "ultimate ambition gimmick" which cost about $25 alone. Its a great dvd to buy, great for the value, and much cheaper than ellusionist.

The ellusionist dvd is not bad, actually is a good dvd. BUT, it has less moves to use, and some of the moves are weird and awckward... The filming and quality is better, and in this dvd you see some real work going on in the streets.. But here you don't learn any routine. Also he spends too much time in unnecesary things, although is god he takes his time teaching, it can some time be frustrating. The price for this dvd is higher and the content is less.

Hope this helps, keep in mind I have both, and I have nothing against Brad, actually I think he is a cool guy.

If I were you I would get Daryl's.

Marien Zagarella
What?!
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
Go with Daryl's DVD, it teaches more, it's less money, and you're not giving your buisness to Ellusionist.
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
863 Posts

Profile of magico
My vote also goes to Daryl
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Daryl's. As I said in another thread, I feel it is the best resource made so far for learning about the Ambitious Card.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
I say go with the Daryl version.
Daryl teaches you a lot more techniques and ideas for the Ambitious Card routine, whereas the Ellusionist
version just teaches you the basic stuff and idea. That's just one of my crazy 2 cents. Smile
MarkusT
View Profile
New user
Germany
54 Posts

Profile of MarkusT
Defenitly DARYL, so many moves
paulduggan
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of paulduggan
Thanks for those opinions. And Marien - thanks for that in-depth reply. It looks like I know where my money will be going then.
It was a good battle, and they nearly won.