The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! :: Family Entertainer Dan Garrett to Lecture in N.J. on May 6, 2013 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Peter Cuddihy
View Profile
Veteran user
Peter S. Cuddihy
369 Posts

Profile of Peter Cuddihy
Dan Garrett, who is treasure in the world of magic, will be lecturing at I.B.M. Ring 165 in Collingswood, N.J. on Monday, May 6, 2013.

The lecture will be held at the Transfiguration Church Auditorium located behind the church at 445 White Horse Pike in West Collingswood, New Jersey (just over the bridge from Philadelphia).

The lecture will start at 8:00 p.m. and the cost is $5.00 for Ring 6 members and $10.00 for guests.

Dan Garrett is not only the consummate magical entertainer whose renowned DVDs "Close-Up Connivery" and "KidShow Konnivery" captured the magic world by storm, he is also the magical inventor (hand crafter if you will) of some of the finest sponge products on the market.

He will be bringing his unique style, his wonderful creations and a very special lecture to Ring 6.

It is a lecture that you will not want to miss.

We hope to see you there.

For further information, please call Peter Cuddihy at: (609) 870-6787
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Will it be open to FCM members? What will the lecture be about?
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
Peter Cuddihy
View Profile
Veteran user
Peter S. Cuddihy
369 Posts

Profile of Peter Cuddihy
Hi Danny,

Thank you for your post.

I.B.M. Ring 165 President Tom McDonnell has been communicating with Dan Garrett,

I am told that Dan is sensitive to the fact that magicians with a variety of interests attend his lectures: Close-Up, Children's, Parlor, Stage, etc.

So, Dan tries to make sure that there is something for everyone in his lectures.

Dan does wholesome, entertaining magic that is fun for all.

Of course, members of The Fellowship of Christian Magicians are welcome to attend the lecture.

If members are also members of I.B.M. Ring 165, then the cost to attend is $5.00.

The cost for non-I.B.M. Ring 165 members is $10.00.

I hope you can attend.

If you do, please introduce yourself to me so that we can say "Hello."

Thanks again for your interest.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8815 Posts

Profile of harris
Dan G has great schtick to go along with his lick.

He can do the finger flinging stuff, as well as make plain, simple stuff entertaining.

I hope he comes back to our area soon.

Harris aka dr. laugh
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Peter Cuddihy
View Profile
Veteran user
Peter S. Cuddihy
369 Posts

Profile of Peter Cuddihy
The Dan Garrett lecture is only three days away.

Don't miss it.

The above post inadvertently said that the cost of the lecture is $5.00 to members of Ring 6.

That was incorrect.

What it should have said is that the lecture is $5.00 for members of Ring 165 in Collingswood, New Jersey and $10.00 to all others.

Still a good deal at either price.

We hope to see you there.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2870 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Dan lectured at Ring 211 last night in Grand Rapids. A+! I ended up buying over $50 worth of his really nice close up effects- all great stuff, including his brand new "Heartz"- which could easily have a Gospel magic application. When you see Dan do it, you'll know exactly what I mean. See http://www.dangarrettmagic.com Going to be reviewed next month in The Linking Ring. Very nice comedy mentalism ending to the lecture, all available for purchase as well (at a very reasonable price).

His lecture includes mind blowing card effects (all fully explained), non-card close up stuff, linking pin and rubber band magic, even some comedy mentalism which you can quite easily do yourself without too much practice. His card tricks are mind blowing, but you don't have to be a knuckle buster performer to do them. The excellent, extremely well done lecture notes on CD were over 50 pages long- and very detailed. Well worth the effort to get there- I love lectures like Dan's- not lots of "fluff" and/or advice everyone already knows with no new substance- but instead he did good solid stuff you can use right away.

And yes, I went to the toy store right after his lecture to buy a similar prop he opened up his lecture up with, I thought it was pretty funny. My guess is magicians all over the place will be using that same gag now- I know I will.
Peter Cuddihy
View Profile
Veteran user
Peter S. Cuddihy
369 Posts

Profile of Peter Cuddihy
I agree.

The lecture was tonight and it was excellent.

If Dan is lecturing in your area, by all means go see him.

You will find that it will be very worth your while.

Thanks to Dan and to everyone who attended the lecture.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I've heard a lot of good things about Dan. They say he was born with magic in his veins!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
threadman77
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of threadman77
A fine entertainer and a gentleman to boot
DanGarrett
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
169 Posts

Profile of DanGarrett