The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Table hoppers & party strollers :: Fortune Cookie Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
goatears
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of goatears
I have Jay Sankey's Hemisphere DVD and I love it! One of the coolest premises behind a trick is to predict the fortune in a fortune cookie. I like the idea but I wasn't crazy for the method, I saw that in Joshua Jay and Paul Harris' "Handpicked Astonishments: Thumbtips" it looks like they have a piece of magic where they predict a fortune in a fortune cookie as well. I was just wondering if there was a difference here, it didn't seem like the credited Jay Sankey if they used his version so I assume it's an improvement. Does anybody know?
Damian
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of Damian
It's the same trick, essentially. The only technical difference is Sankey crushes the cookie single-handedly and withdraws the fortune from the sum total of the cookie, whereas Jay cleanly snaps the cookie in two and only works with the half containing the fortune. On the Josh Jay production, Garrett Thomas is credited; Sankey isn't mentioned. It's a bit odd--one would think Josh Jay would know about Sankey's version, since he recently authored a book of Sankey material.