The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Silver septre (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
IDOTRIX
View Profile
Elite user
Darien,il
467 Posts

Profile of IDOTRIX
Anyone know the best elastic to redo this. Also anyone know where I can buy them wholesale or rising wand wholesale. thanks, Mike
curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
Only 99% of users have more than
784 Posts

Profile of curtgunz
Good question 'cause my elastic cord is stretched too loosely and it doesn't work anymore.

Also, anyone have any tips on how to attach the new cord to to little knobs on the end?
Click for Free Resources for Performers

YouTube channel specifically for family & kids show magicians. Click -- You need to subscribe.
IDOTRIX
View Profile
Elite user
Darien,il
467 Posts

Profile of IDOTRIX
Curtgunz, when you remove the old cord it goes thru the knobs at the ends. clear that out, feed the new cord thru it with a knot at the end, as you pull it thru it will nest inside the end if you did not make the knot to big.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
What is not on the Internet, look at this "How To Repair a Five-In-One Wand".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KZ79wLPum8

The elastic can be purchased from any fabric store. If you want more strength, then just double the elastic.

--------------------------------------------------------------

As far as the 5-in-1 wand or aka rising wand, D. Robbins use to carry it, but it is not on their website.

Fun Inc. use to have model as well and now they are selling a S.S. Adams model. Magic Makers Inc. now own the rights to all Adams magic. I checked their website and it is not listed. So you will have to call them for availability. I checked their Adams website and it is not listed, but many of the magic dealers have them so they should be available from Magic Makers. Note: Any wholesale company has minimums required in the hundreds of dollars. Magic Makers was $250, and D. Robbins was $500, so you initial investment would be substantial.
curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
784 Posts

Profile of curtgunz
The tips were painted silver and I did not realize that the knot threaded through it. The manufacture did a good job of disguising the knot.

Thank you for your help.

YouTube channel specifically for family & kids show magicians. Click -- You need to subscribe.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5727 Posts

Profile of Regan
I remember this topic from before. My Silver Scepter originally came with gray or silver elastic. I have wanted some for a long time but have never been able to locate it.
Mister Mystery
curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
784 Posts

Profile of curtgunz
Quote:
On 2013-04-12 17:48, Regan wrote:
... My Silver Scepter originally came with gray or silver elastic ...

That's a good idea.

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I found this gray elastic cord website.

http://www.tyless.com/ElasticCord.html

This website has silver metallic elastic cord.

http://factorydirectcraft.com/catalog/pr......odbkMAJw

Here is one you may find at your local fabric store.

http://www.createforless.com/Dritz+Elast......od_2UAAQ

Sorry, but I don't have the Silver Scepter so I don't know the diameter (thickness) you need.
IDOTRIX
View Profile
Elite user
Darien,il
467 Posts

Profile of IDOTRIX
I can find cord, that's not the problem. But thanks Bill. The knowledge of the stretch is what I need. I remember going through this 20 Years ago for my card sword. Which stretches the most and returns to the shortest. The one that is in it is flat. and as I recall that is what I had in my card sword. Just looking to see if one stretches more than the other before I buy $40.00 worth of elastic.
curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
784 Posts

Profile of curtgunz
I'm in the process of changing my cord.

I don't know if all of them are like this but mine had 1/4" flat braided elastic (the kind you can get from any sewing notions dealer).

I tried using a round elastic cord and it did not work well at all.

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2013-04-14 20:05, IDOTRIX wrote:
I can find cord, that's not the problem. But thanks Bill. The knowledge of the stretch is what I need. I remember going through this 20 Years ago for my card sword. Which stretches the most and returns to the shortest. The one that is in it is flat. and as I recall that is what I had in my card sword. Just looking to see if one stretches more than the other before I buy $40.00 worth of elastic.

If you look at my reference they give stretch ratios, for each type.

Yes, a card sword is hard to get that thick softer elastic Cord. Thanks to the late Ted Leslie in Germany, he set me a small supply for my Card Sword.

Abbott's carry heavy elastic cord, I use to buy from them, it was also in their catalog. I tried it on my card sword from Italy, and it bent it, as it was to strong. Yet it does not bend Abbott's swords.

Yes, I feel for you, as the Internet does not allow touch and feel that is needed to make a decision most of the time. The only way to do that is go to them and I am sure that will cost more then $40.

I tried to buy a summer hat over the Internet, they did not say the hats were 2 sizes larger then the actual hat sizes. So I lost $25 in shipping cost to receive and return the hat. Trying something can get expensive. Needless to say, I did not try again.

-------------------------------------------

There are at least 2 models of the Silver Scepter on the market, both from India. It is hard to know what you are getting, as Website dealers just steal images and write-ups from each other. They don't even bother to open one to look at it, and see if it is the product they are listing. Very sad!
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5727 Posts

Profile of Regan
Quote:
On 2013-04-14 16:16, Bill Hegbli wrote:
I found this gray elastic cord website.

http://www.tyless.com/ElasticCord.html

This website has silver metallic elastic cord.

http://factorydirectcraft.com/catalog/pr......odbkMAJw

Here is one you may find at your local fabric store.

http://www.createforless.com/Dritz+Elast......od_2UAAQ

Sorry, but I don't have the Silver Scepter so I don't know the diameter (thickness) you need.

Gosh, thanks so much Bill! I had searched long and hard for that several years ago and came up empty. My cord was the silvery/grayish metallic-like material. It was flat, and about 3/16"-1/4" wide if I remember correctly. It is stretched pretty bad out of shape now.

I will check those links out when I get some more time!

Thanks!
Mister Mystery