The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Association of Family and Kidshow Performers :: Has anyone else thought about this (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
mike pearce
View Profile
New user
michigan
5 Posts

Profile of mike pearce
I perform for families and would love to do the multiplying bottles but I don't want to use alcohol bottles. Do they make them using soda bottles instead this would open up a whole new customer base of kid show performers.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7568 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Here are just a few options that exist...

Merlin's Multiplying Bottles & Rootin' Tootin' Root Beer Multiplying Bottles, by Jef Eaton (Kandu Magic):

http://kandumagic.com/products.htm

Super Juice, by Razamataz Magic (UK):

http://www.razamatazzmagic.com/magicshop......er_Juice

Multiplying Bottle Labels & also complete sets with Bottles (Grape, Orange, Root Beer, and Ginger Ale), by Michael Bourada (Canada):

http://www.livemagic.ca/websitestogo/MMAS/products.html

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Donald,
You're so fast with those! Great job.

Mike - I'm not aware of anyone who makes a soda bottles set. They're all just the giant wine bottles with re-made labels. It would be interesting if someone came out with an actual soda bottle set!

Best Wishes,
Kevin
mike pearce
View Profile
New user
michigan
5 Posts

Profile of mike pearce
Donald
Thanks for the info I knew someone had to have thought of this it's to good of a comedy effect to shut out us kid show magicians.
Jef Eaton
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of Jef Eaton
The reason I came out with the Rootin' Tootin' Root Beer bottles is that style of bottle is very old fashioned and the cowboy theme seems to work great for the trick. There is a cute gag with the kids yelling "yee haw" every time you say "Rootin' Tootin' Root Beer."
I don't know of any way that current soda or pop bottles could be made as the shape is impossible to have them nest. I have heard lots of complaints that the bottles are just re-labeled, but that is the only thing that is affordable to most magicians. I'm sure you could get the guy in China who made the most beautiful set of wine bottles I ever saw to make something like that, but I bet it would cost $2000 for a set.
The Merlin bottles also take on that old look and remember, what child has ever seen a bottle of "Magic Potion" anyways. It should revolve around the routine. Remember, it's not what prop you use, it's what you do with the prop that makes it entertaining.
kandumagic.com
<BR>jjeaton@aol.com
<BR>Creator of what my Mom thinks are the funniest kid show props around!
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1183 Posts

Profile of Russo
I used Labels soaked off " Dads Root Beer" and onto my set of topsyturvy bottles (or 'you do as I do, bottles-) -that was in the 60s- do they still use paper labels on any kid drinks???
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Mike Pearce:

I can wholeheartedly recommend ANYTHING made by Jef Eaton. I own his "Kandu Komedy Karton" and it kills EVERY time I use it! Now, since you and I work in the same neck-o-the-woods, I hereby forbid you from buying it Smile

Seriously, though, Jef is an excellent guy to do business with.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society