The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Meir Yedid’s Finger Fantasies (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Zackary
View Profile
Loyal user
Monroe,Louisiana
210 Posts

Profile of Zackary
How is this effect in the real world? Can the spec be close? Is it hard?
Thanks,
Zack
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
I don't have the dvd, but I do know the pinky and ring finger vanish. They look great, and also works as a gag to pretend to pull your finger off then vanish it.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
Steveblackwell
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of Steveblackwell
I do not have the dvd, but have the video.
I don't feel that it is terribly difficult to do this with most of your fingers. However, for me the middle finger is a little hard to do right. The video's explanations are pretty good and Yedid provides various tips and ideas on how you can perform this.

Although for the most part it is not hard to do, it will require some effort to make this magical as opposed to coming across as a gag or stunt. People are always amazed by it, but sometimes think it is some freak thing like you are double jointed or something. And, yes, it can be done close-up.
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
This is a decent video, but hard to get it all looking good. I like the gag portion but I'm not sure it's magical.
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
828 Posts

Profile of David Regal
I have to chime in to say that I first heard of Meir's effect years ago (when he had ten fingers). People would tell me "You won't believe it - he makes his fingers disappear!" When I visited The Magic Towne House to see Meir's act, I was waiting for the routine, certain that it couldn't be nearly as illusive as I'd heard.

He did it a few feet away from me, and it blew me away. One of the strongest, most amazing magical routines I have ever seen.

This is not push-button magic. It requires practice and patience and showmanship, like anything good. But is it worth the investment? Please - Meir became world-famous with this routine.