The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Finger/stage manipulation :: Spin wand 360 degree question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
MikeTheKid
View Profile
Veteran user
vancouver
329 Posts

Profile of MikeTheKid
Does anyone know where I can find the resource for spin a wand ? like 360 degree around your body

I know it is not hard to figure out, but I am having some small problems with the setup.

Thx guys
---------------------------------------------

Magic is a performing art that entertains an audience by creating illusions of seemingly impossible....

www.mikeliumagic.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Do you actually mean a 12 inch or 14 inch wand or do you mean a cane also called a walking stick?
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Good question Bill. See - most wand spins are not around your body, but rather 360 in your hand or around your fingers. Canes can be spun or floated around the body. Many cups and balls DVDs teach various wand spins.
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Hi Tony, like your new avatar. The reason I ask, is because on eBay the oriental seller list canes. One even set a free plastic cane to me for purchasing from them. When I got it, it only extends to about 24 inches. So, I would not call that a cane, but they do.

What comes to mind is Losander's Dancing Wand, but it can be swung around the body flowing your hand and arm, like in the Dancing Cane routine.

http://www.losander.me/epages/62364720.s......ing_Wand

Clarification is needed.
MikeTheKid
View Profile
Veteran user
vancouver
329 Posts

Profile of MikeTheKid
Hello guys

What I am trying to do is to make the wand go around my body like a circle and come back to the front Smile

Magic is a performing art that entertains an audience by creating illusions of seemingly impossible....

www.mikeliumagic.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
MikeTheKid, I understand what you want to do, but you did not answer my question, as knowing what the length of the thing you are intending to use will determine the method.
MikeTheKid
View Profile
Veteran user
vancouver
329 Posts

Profile of MikeTheKid
I am so sorry Bill, I forgot to reply this

its about 10 cm ~

www.mikeliumagic.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The is no exact method for this use of a wand, you could use the method as used with the Hummer Whirl-A-Way Card. This is sold under many different names.

Is this they type of effect you are going for, see the card fly at 6:30 time line?

Depending on what you are going to do before the around the body effect, you could also use the dancing cane hook up.
MikeTheKid
View Profile
Veteran user
vancouver
329 Posts

Profile of MikeTheKid
I just got one pm from a member, he solve my question !

Thank you guys, and thx a lot Bill !

www.mikeliumagic.com