The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Shuffled not Stirred :: Question about Joyal's Stack (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Greetings.

I have been learning Joyal's stack, and after reading Simon's book, "Try the Impossible," I had some questions.

Being that many people are finding "hidden" effects already in Simon's stack, I am wondering if anyone has discovered any in the Joyal Stack?

Thanks,

John
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Hasnt reading 'try the impossible' (and you should pick up his 'bound to please' as well) convinced you to learn the aronson stack. so many things built in and not that hard to learn. reward the man for his genius...
Tripwire
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Tripwire
Some folks don't care about built in poker deals and spelling effects.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5207 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Craig Krisulevicz
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
647 Posts

Profile of Craig Krisulevicz
I have a question. Is the Aronson stack, and it's learning methods in Try the Impossible? or does he just mention the stack in general in the text?
Who is John Galt?
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
General, to learn the method read "Bound to Please".

Peo
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Craig Krisulevicz
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
647 Posts

Profile of Craig Krisulevicz
Thanks Peo
Who is John Galt?
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
I didn't actually use the mnemonics method in bound to please. too complicated for my taste. I did it by brute force in about a week. I had it donwn cold in about 3. I learnt the first 13 in two days...cold. then I learnt card groupings...like the other jacks...33,34,36...etc. then I learnt the last 10 cards cold. then where all the face cards were....then the filler...and kept reviewing day after day. I had 26 cards memorized by the 4th day and the rest done by the 8th day or so. I still had some trouble but by the third week I could recite them all pretty confidently.