The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Table Hopping Cups and Balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
indridcold
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of indridcold
Hi there everyone,

This is my first Cups and Balls recource, and it is fantastic. I love the whole ruitine, and although the 'Ain't no Mo' jokes would never work with the Australians, we don't use other peoples patter do we. He doesn't go into much detail about the sleights and moves like Ammar does, I guess he would assume you knew them pretty well. I was able to pick em up easily enough. One thing I still can't believe works is the strike vanish. I can always see the balls jump, but the spectators are just 'no way!'

I would recomend this DVD for a great set of ruitines.
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
Thanks for the recomendation indridcold!
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2003-11-20 20:23, indridcold wrote:
Hi there everyone,

This is my first Cups and Balls recource, and it is fantastic. I love the whole ruitine, and although the 'Ain't no Mo' jokes would never work with the Australians, we don't use other peoples patter do we. He doesn't go into much detail about the sleights and moves like Ammar does, I guess he would assume you knew them pretty well. I was able to pick em up easily enough. One thing I still can't believe works is the strike vanish. I can always see the balls jump, but the spectators are just 'no way!'

I would recomend this DVD for a great set of ruitines.

Indridcold,

Who is the performer on this DVD? Are you referring to the Carl Andrew's DVD or to another version?

Thanks for the info.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
GaryW
View Profile
Veteran user
HSMagic
317 Posts

Profile of GaryW
It's a nice dvd; I wish there was more instruction on the mechanics such as the strike vanish. Smile
Gary Ailes
Hot Shot Magic
www.hotshotmagic.com
Ian Richards
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of Ian Richards
Details of the Striking Vanish can be found in the book of David Williamson's magic "Williamson's Wonders" by Richard Kaufman. This move is also well explained on the "Off The Cuff" video by Gregory Wilson in the routine "Recap".

This discussion relates to the Carl Andrews DVD.
elgranmago
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of elgranmago
The "Striking Vanish" is beautifully demonstrated and then explained by Michael Ammar in "The Complete Cups & Balls", Vol 2. (DVD or Video). It´s a wonderful move.
"It´s kind of fun to do the impossible". Walt Disney
indridcold
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of indridcold
Yeah, I love the move. I learn't it from just watching and thinking, working out how to do it better and better, and I got it. Next is to pick up some more expensive cups (I am still with 13 dollars Alluminium, but they work fine for me, but I might go with the classical looking morrissy, even though they are still on the cheap side, It is what I can afford) and the Ammar DVDs.
elgranmago
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of elgranmago
INDRIDCOLD,

THE Ammar CUPS & BALLS DVDs HAVE BEEN MY BEST INVESTMENT IN MAGIC SO FAR. GET THEM.

IF YOU CAN, GET Ammar´S MERCURY WAND. IT WILL LAST A LIFETIME.

http://www.ammarmagic.com/

IF YOU EVER GET THE CHANCE, HAVE A LOOK AT THE "GOLD CUPS" IN "WILLIAMSON´S WONDERS". IT´S AN OUTSTANDING TWO CUP ROUTINE.

I USE MORRISEY CUPS. THEY´RE JUST FINE.
"It´s kind of fun to do the impossible". Walt Disney