The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Matthew Wright's Marvelous Nut Dropper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Brandon Sheffield
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Brandon Sheffield
I just received Matthew Wrights “Marvelous Nut Dropper” and boy oh boy where do I begin??

First let me explain what it is, and what it isn’t.

What you get is a DVD and a gimmick that allows you to instantly load a small object into a walnut, inside of a fruit. While there have been other methods for this, I will say this is the cleanest and most simple way I’ve seen so far. The DVD is a steal for this alone.

Now as for what it’s not.

I can see most people thinking that this is a one effect DVD even though it does state on the ad copy that there are three effects taught. But trust me the three effects taught are complete workers and not just throw away effects used as excuses for you to be able to use the Nut Dropper gimmick.
First you learn Matthews’s complete 20 minute cups and balls routine. What an amazing routine. It has three parts, starting with a ring on string routine using a Lippincott ring box, followed by his cups routine, and then it’s closed with the big reveal of the ring to impossible location. So just in the stage set you will get to learn some great ring on string moves and his full cups routine.

The best part about this and the reason it would be worth paying for this release, even if Matthew didn’t give away the Nut Dropper gimmick is the part where Matthew kind of does a play by play of the whole performance! He goes over even the small details on how he is called out on stage, and why he pauses slightly before he comes out. He goes over where the gags came from and where the misdirection is added and why. So for you Magic Theory guys this is worth the 50.00 dollars alone trust me.

Honestly I would have bought this just for that part alone, but also getting to learn Matthews cups routine is a huge bonus, and I must add that when I say Matthew teaches everything in it, I mean he teaches everything in it. Everything from ball vanishes down to the Vernon wand twirl. And every main slight he goes over also has its own section in the library menu of the DVD. So you can just jump right to that section of the explanation.

So where a lot of DVDs would stop Matthew also throws in two other sets of magic. His 20 minute bar set and his close up set.

I will not go over everything but I will say that the bar magic set is amazing not only because its killer magic but for what else he gives you in this routine. You will get a nice little shell game phase to learn and you also get to learn the Roy Johnson envelope switch and all I can say about that is wow! You are going to be using the envelope switch for more than just this effect trust me. Once I saw it, I instantly started thinking about other routines of mine that I could use it in.

The third effect is his close up set and again this is a true worker that caught me by surprise. It uses some ones sim card and completely baffles the spectator. The performance on the DVD was amazing and really shows why this routine is so commercial and powerful!

So in closing, of course I would say this is a must buy.

Once you start thinking about what you get, it becomes a no brainer. You get a 20 minute stage routine that is completely adjustable to your style. You get a 20 minute bar routine that can also be adjusted or modified to suit ones needs. And a great close up effect that will blow people away. You get two things that can be used in other routines, the Lippincott Vanish and the Roy Johnson envelope switch! And last but certainly not least, you get the ability to load a small object into a walnut, inside a freaking fruit!

Go get it!

Pick it up here at Matthews’s website http://www.19effectsmagic.com
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Just got this, and was pleasantly surprised. The loading of the walnut is fast and simpple to do. I have a different effect, not walnut in fruit but will use this gimmick instead of the way I used to do it as its much quicker than my old method.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Brandon Sheffield
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Brandon Sheffield
Couldn't agree more! After buying it I only got mad about the fact that I didn't think of it first. And I instantly started thinking about other ways I could use the gimmick as well as the other stuff that was taught, in other routines.
ChrisTheImpossible
View Profile
New user
Jacksonville, Florida
70 Posts

Profile of ChrisTheImpossible
Quote:
On 2013-02-25 15:31, Brandon Sheffield wrote:
Couldn't agree more! After buying it I only got mad about the fact that I didn't think of it first. And I instantly started thinking about other ways I could use the gimmick as well as the other stuff that was taught, in other routines.

Have you thought of any other ways that you would like to share? I like the version in his close up act; double or nothing. In fact, his double or nothing effect made me go and purchase the wallet he currently has out. I am awaiting my order.
www.MagicJunky.com
"A place for Magicians, Clowns, and Ventriloquists to Buy, Sell, and Trade new and or used items Free!"
squando
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of squando
Agreed a nice product and even better DVD.
Frank
Arsenal
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
77 Posts

Profile of Arsenal
I got the Nut Dropper along with Matthew's Fourseen Wallet, and didn't expect such great materials from the DVD alone.

Matthew teaches a variety of sleights with Cups&Balls, 3 Shells game, Rope, etc. What I really enjoyed was his parlour and close-up routines, Matthew structured each small routine so that they flow so smoothly.

The DVDs alone are already worth the total price.
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
Yeah. Great DVDs. And great theory. I enjoyed the interview.
And that is one funny dude.
arittler
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of arittler
The routines taught are good. The product itself will NEVER work in the United States. I am selling mine.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3529 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On May 10, 2023, arittler wrote:
The routines taught are good. The product itself will NEVER work in the United States. I am selling mine.

Why won't it work stateside?
Ampa
View Profile
New user
A Cellar Vault in Berlin
63 Posts

Profile of Ampa
Matthew Wright's "Marvelous Nut Dropper" or "Go Nuts" is spectacular. I laughed so hard while watching his performance. He is an outstanding magician. I like his style of presentation in general. It is kind of a gem in magic Smile