The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Going To The Dogs. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
Lee, I use a Scottish Terrier and a short haired Chihuahua named "Sammy"

Sammy wears a tux, sailor's uniform, a lion costume, and an elephant costume....

He not only wears the costumes but he imitates the animals as well... the crowds favourite is when he imitates a dying cockroach.....

My assistant Raul, then parades him around the venue whilst I change costume and prep for the vent. act to follow...

Harry Murphy has seen images of Sammy in action!

P.S. I have raised both of them indoors and some would say this is cruel but they have had no extended interaction with other dogs other than each other.... thus, my two canine friends do not bark/speak unless spoken to.. this allows for complete silence whilst they lie in wait inside the production equipment.

NO random barking is the first lesson you must teach your canine.

I should post some in here yes/no?
Lee Marelli
View Profile
Special user
Aurora, Colorado
876 Posts

Profile of Lee Marelli
ReyRey: Based on your background and performances with animals, I believe the Café's members would sincerely appreciate you posting in this forum. Your experience should provide some interesting and valuable material.
"Mentalism is a state of mind." Marelli
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
Thank you for the most welcoming of welcomes.....

I am sincerely flattered! I do look forward to spending more of my available time here with fellow animal lovers.

I spend a lot of my time in the most unglamorous dirty cages as many of you can relate to I am sure.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
ReyRey,

Remember this post? Are you still in Sammy's act? Fido Presto!

My work is done here. I have to go feed animals!

(You know that after thirty years, I still introduce the first two white doves as Spot and Rover? Great book, but they just can't do dog tricks except "play dead". I did like the names.)

Take care.

Bob
The Amazed Wiz
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7674 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Al Delage and Frank Scalzo both used dogs in their acts. It did play well and you did not have the permit problems you have with other animals.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Richard,

Maybe that explains the "dog tags" we wore in the 60s and 70s. Women could take us almost anywhere without a permit! And they told me it was part of the uniform.

Yep, that must be it.

You know they told us don't get caught dead without them.

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Kingry
View Profile
Elite user
Virginia
464 Posts

Profile of Kingry
Worked with Greg Gulamerian last year. He does quite a few illusions with dogs. He has an interesting take on Origami. He uses it to change a small dog into a large one.
Lee Marelli
View Profile
Special user
Aurora, Colorado
876 Posts

Profile of Lee Marelli
It is amazing the life of this topic that I started over a year ago. It has more lives than a cat. I wonder if that is another topic. Dogs are even doing Mentalism. Saw it on the Animal Planet's talent show.
"Mentalism is a state of mind." Marelli
gulamerian
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of gulamerian
We use several dogs in our act. Samoyeds, Minature American Eskimos and a Border Collie. We do a production, a vanish and reappearance and something we call Dogami.