The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: The dark principle by JM and Cristian Pestritu (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Dark Principle is so easy to perform. People love visual changes. My hands don't let me do Marc DeSouza's Shapeshiter or other visual changes, ANYONE can do the Dark Principle!

I was watching the trailer and......looks good...then at 1:52, without any cover, the card changed. I was sold!

You get the usual JM extras, tips, routines in the downloads!

Zombie Magic
gimmickless
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

Profile of gimmickless
Zombie is back. now I know your name. you are popular tv news man. hehe
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Quote:
On 2013-02-14 04:00, gimmickless wrote:
Zombie is back. now I know your name. you are popular tv news man. hehe

Gimmickless,
I have to say this...your posts make no sense man.
JM
Oscar Zaldivar
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Oscar Zaldivar
This was posted on Facebook "Convincing control page"

http://www.facebook.com/#!/ConvincingControl?fref=ts

"A fairly big case of theft by Cristian Pestritu
http://www.justinmillermagic.com/apps/we....../3683845

Cristian Pestritu has made himself a history of stealing effects and releasing them by himself. Last year, he quite obviously took 'Diffused' by Will Tsai and put it for sale on theory11's Wire as 'Don't Blink' by no one but himself. After several complaints and contacting Will Tsai, theory11 was left no choice and has decided to remove the product from their system for all the right reasons.

Now Cristian is showing he did not learn much from it. He released 'The Dark Principle' with Justin Miller. Fact is he took this effect and its basic method from his friend Oscar Zaldivar and sent it to Justin without even asking or even notifying his friend about it.

We must add that he did actually give Oscar credits in the tutorial video, just by voice, but this does not do it any justice. The guy is left unmentioned anywhere else, it doesn't state his name on the product page nor in any forums they advertise the product while without Oscar 'The Dark Principle' would not have existed. It seems as if all credits and profits go to Cristian Pestritu and Justin Miller and for obvious reasons we think this is very inappropriate.

One or some of the things Justin Miller says to have improved were actually already done by Oscar in the original method, which brings us to the conclusion that Justin Miller did clearly not know about any of it, obviously because Cristian didn't tell him. Same counts for when he Cristian released 'Don't Blink' at theory11. What a way to make other parties responsible for his inappropriate actions.

No, Cristian, this is not the way magicians treat one another and one another's creations, and not the way you should treat friends too."
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Ok, so this is the only thing I am going to say about this as it is really ridiculous. The idea to change a corner IS NOT original with oscar as we have already seen with lee smith and dave forest and their never released "the Crook", besides them a HUGE number of magicians have tackled this idea. So nothing new there. Oscar came to cristian and TOLD him he had an idea (once again not new) to change a corner of a card while the card is folded up very very tightly. Oscar then put a video up FAKING the change JUST to show cristian what it would look like..that video is found here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7ASAXM-o......embedded

Then this conversation took place AFTER that video was shown to cristian.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=5......&theater

Now on oscars ORIGINAL FAKED VIDEO he says "I Do Not claim to have invented this Color Change , there´s nothing new under the sun"
SO what exactly is this ****ing about then but a waste of mine and many others time.
Cristian then came to me with the METHOD AND EXECUTION YOU COULD ACTUALLY DO. I did not like the fold he was using, I changed the fold, got rid of the shaking, and made it way more magical!
Oscar, and many many others are given a nod on the download.
And really oscar, you had used MY ideas no shaking, less folds? ok then, please show everyone any video with the EXACT SAME FOLD I USE, NO SHAKING METHOD, DATED BEFORE the day we put The Dark Principle out.
JM
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-02-15 16:58, Oscar Zaldivar wrote:
...without Oscar 'The Dark Principle' would not have existed.

Oscar Zaldivar Aug 18, 2012
"I Do Not claim to have invented this Color Change , there´s nothing new under the sun".

You can't have it both ways. Your first thought on your Youtube channel was the correct one, you have no claim to that color change.

You have to release/publish something to make it yours. An idea of how something might look doesn't cut it. Many of us have worked on changing corner pips, but we can't claim it's ours when someone else releases something.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2013-02-14 04:00, gimmickless wrote:
Zombie is back. now I know your name. you are popular tv news man. Hehe

Quote:
On 2013-02-14 15:49, Justin N. Miller wrote:
Gimmickless,
I have to say this...your posts make no sense man.
JM

I’ll have to agree Justin. More often than not, I have absolutely NO idea whatsoever what 'gimmickless' is babbling about with most of his post’s. Just on this thread alone he previously said:

Quote:
On 2013-02-07 08:11, gimmickless wrote:
Justin miller spoke with us. his tricks is not easy to do.need many weeks practise.

WTF??

Other than that... this really looks interesting. Smile
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter – "A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
ellisd
View Profile
Veteran user
Sacramento
331 Posts

Profile of ellisd
Justin, it is Friday night and I just wanted to know if you were still giving out any bonuses with the purchase? Truthfully I will get it regardless. I am a long time hobbyist who is trying to get off his ass and go out and become a real performer. On that note I am trying to stick with effects that I can actually use as a "worker" and avoid all those great effects that will only be played with or shown to other magicians (as cool as they are.) This looks awesome!
http://www.erictheballoondude.com

Balloon Twisting for all of Sacramento!
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-02-15 23:09, ellisd wrote:
Justin, it is Friday night and I just wanted to know if you were still giving out any bonuses with the purchase? Truthfully I will get it regardless. I am a long time hobbyist who is trying to get off his ass and go out and become a real performer. On that note I am trying to stick with effects that I can actually use as a "worker" and avoid all those great effects that will only be played with or shown to other magicians (as cool as they are.) This looks awesome!

We really appreciate that man! Just sent with some goodies!
JM
ellisd
View Profile
Veteran user
Sacramento
331 Posts

Profile of ellisd
Okay, so I had this whole big post that I started to write on this product. Nevermind. Bought the download last night. Started watching it today after I got home. Product Rocks! Simple and Beautiful. Reminds me of something Paul Harris would have come up with. 15 bucks. Wow!
http://www.erictheballoondude.com

Balloon Twisting for all of Sacramento!
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-02-16 20:26, ellisd wrote:
Okay, so I had this whole big post that I started to write on this product. Nevermind. Bought the download last night. Started watching it today after I got home. Product Rocks! Simple and Beautiful. Reminds me of something Paul Harris would have come up with. 15 bucks. Wow!

Man! That's so kind of you. We are very excited about this method and how pretty this really is, and that it TRULY IS A REAL WORKER!
JM
lemonjug
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of lemonjug
Hi Justin,

I love effects with business cards - when do you expect to release business card applications?

Thanks,

Ray
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-02-22 10:23, lemonjug wrote:
Hi Justin,

I love effects with business cards - when do you expect to release business card applications?

Thanks,

Ray

Ray we are working on those effects now. Cristian sent me some of his bills from his country (plastic) so I can make a demo on the bill effects and we are also brainstorming on diff. ideas with the business cards, we are still not where we want to be with that but we will get there.
JM
lemonjug
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of lemonjug
Thanks for the info, Justin.
gfcal
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of gfcal
I have this and love it. I don't, however, have Inflexion by Dave Loosley. The two seem very similar with less card visible on the latter. Can anyone speak to what advantages Inflexion has over The Dark Pronciple?
jackaboy
View Profile
Veteran user
universities aren't interested in my
302 Posts

Profile of jackaboy
I really want to get this
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
843 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
Is it still possible to buy this? I used to own it but lost the download on an old computer.

Now I want to learn it again.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Feb 23, 2013, Justin N. Miller wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-02-22 10:23, lemonjug wrote:
Hi Justin,

Thanks,

Ray

Ray we are working on those effects now. Cristian sent me some of his bills from his country (plastic) so I can make a demo on the bill effects and we are also brainstorming on diff. ideas with the business cards, we are still not where we want to be with that but we will get there.
JM

Oh plastic Notes .... I will be getting this then... as we in the UK just went down the blooming plastic notes line .... grrrr blooming hate them!

Quote:
On Apr 16, 2017, Bob_Hummer wrote:
Is it still possible to buy this? I used to own it but lost the download on an old computer.

Now I want to learn it again.

Yes - you can get it at Penguin, Vanishing (USA and UK) and other places too.

David