The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Association of Family and Kidshow Performers :: Any suggestions for trick with jewels for my kids show? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Kriek
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Kriek
Hi, I'm looking for a magic trick with jewelry for my children's pirate show.
any suggestions? Thanks for your reply.
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1178 Posts

Profile of Russo
From party supply section - get a bag of the LARGE Diamond Rings - use them for ring off wand - incorporate them with the effect" Grandmother Neckless"- many other uses. and if you have enough and cheap enough - give them out - or give to the Birthday Child - or who ever assists you. Ralph (comment best on PM??)
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7568 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Ian Adair released an effect called "The Crown Jewel."

Barry Mitchell released an effect called "The Mother of All Diamonds."

Dazzling Magic sells "Cascading Jewels" (2 sizes), a production item for square circles, drawer boxes, crystal silk cylinders, dove pans, etc.

Those might be possibilities.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
I believe either Bruce Posgate or Sid Lorraine created an effect called Sam Lords Castle. It was a square (really!!)square (not circle LOL)

The outer shell was a castle, and the inner box (circle) was a treasure chest. When the jewels made their appearance in the treasure chest they came cascading out. (See the previous post about Dazzling Magic)

You could also make up a linking necklace routine similar to the non-gimmicked linking ropes.

Blair
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Barry Mitchell's product, "mother of all diamonds" is a great effect with a good object lesson.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
David Ginn has nice little presentation for Rajah's Necklace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie4WsxW2IFs
Also Necklace Quest from Wonder Imagery is a nice jewel themed routine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JfFpfzqmtE

John
Kriek
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Kriek
From The Netherlands, Thanks for your ideas!
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Edwins Magic book volume 2 has a great routine using 6 pieces of gold (which you can easily make)and a sword and a piece of rope and a volunteer on stage. It has a good story line too. I have the book and recently tried to sell it on the Surpluss Magic Exchange. If you want it I think you could incorporate the routine.
"Keep the Kids Laughing!"
https://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
I do something similar to Ken Scott's storytelling routine (with sound effects) but it's called "The Beautiful Princess and her Diamond Ring." You just make the ring vanish, then it re-appears at the end of the routine...larger.

The final reveal gets a great reaction! Jewels make for great magic props!

- Kevin
Mondeaux
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Mondeaux
http://www.wildcolombini.com/cart/produc......s_id=177

A nice routine with stones from the Colombini's for 10 bucks!
micwize
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of micwize
I can recommend the mother of all diamonds by Barry Mitchell
micwize
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of micwize
Ian Adairs Crown Jewels is a very good trick with a storyline built in. You can use your own story quite easily and it comes in two sizes. the stage size is 16 inches wide for the crown.
jasonmcconnie
View Profile
New user
canada
58 Posts

Profile of jasonmcconnie
Do the Jumping Gems. "The pirates passed the diamond from ship to ship..."
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
780 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
On Bob Solari's 2 dvd set, he has a great routine with jumbo rings. I think it was called Bling Bling Ring Thing. Great use of an old principle in magic.
ProfessorMagicJMG
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of ProfessorMagicJMG
You could build a large, gem-encrusted Hot Rod with stuff from the larger craft stores. Get some ruler-sized flat wooden sticks, carve a thinner paddle handle, then stick six big, fake gems on it in six different colors on one side and one color on the other side. Be sure to carve a much thinner paddle handle 2-3 inches long to help hide the move. This could be done very inexpensively.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Clarke's 3rd Law

"Any sufficiently primitive technology can mystify a postmodern audience." - JMG's Corollary to Clarke's 3rd Law
supertoad12
View Profile
New user
Choose a number between 1 and
88 Posts

Profile of supertoad12
If you do cups and balls, take a look at Suzanne's final load...beautiful finish!
Steph

"The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it"...J.M. Barrie