The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Making A "Magical-Themed" Gift For Your Valentine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
So not exactly what you'd find here in the Workshop...although, it doesn't require you to put down your playing cards this Valentine's Day. I figured I'd inspire some of you to do something different for your girlfriend, wife, or that special somebody this year. Clear a little spot in your workshop and create a unique Valentine's gift with a little touch of magic.

CLICK HERE for my tutorial.
Enjoy!
seforeman
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of seforeman
Bryan, that's truely a beautiful gift. Really well done. My wife wanted a new sewing machine so that's what I got her. But you've inspired me to try and produce it magically.

Stuart
Stuart Foreman
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Thanks Stuart! Haha... I bought my wife a sewing machine for Christmas as the old one quit working while she was working on a run of Devil's Hanks for me Smile
knmagic
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of knmagic
It's beautiful and very touchy gift. If I made one like this for my wife, I am sure she would show it off to everyone she knows. My problem is how to come up with 52 reasons in a short time. Thank you for sharing this great idea, Stuart!
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Haha...yah, as bad as it may sound, its really hard coming up with the 52 reasons! lol
biff_g
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
240 Posts

Profile of biff_g
Quote:
On 2013-02-12 02:31, Bryan Gilles wrote:
Haha...yah, as bad as it may sound, its really hard coming up with the 52 reasons! lol

I disagree that it sounds bad... I think that the more thoughtful you are, the harder it is to come up with ideas. If I just wanted to use a bunch of cliches, or a bunch of loosely related reasons, it wouldn't be difficult at all Smile
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Good point Smile
rhiro
View Profile
Regular user
Southern California
182 Posts

Profile of rhiro
Cool idea, and nice write-up, Bryan. This could also be useful for someone who needs a 1st Wedding Anniversary gift ("paper").

Quote:
On 2013-02-12 02:31, Bryan Gilles wrote:

One could "cheat" and come up with only 26 reasons and put cards with images of the happy couple in between each reason. ;-)

For my first wedding anniversary, I made my wife a custom deck with 55 images of us (deck + 2 jokers + an instruction card) by feeding blank face Bike cards through a color laser printer.

Thanks for sharing!

- Ross
Franky33
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Franky33
That is very nice.

Is there a company that sells playing card stock that can be printed using a color inkjet or color laser printer?
PWB
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of PWB
Yes Franky33 there is http://www.plaincards.com/QCProgram.html. they have an inexpensive set of cardstock and a cheap software

Pat