The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The clothes we wear :: Sports coat - UK? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
Just wondering if we get such an item in the UK, or is it an American product. If we do have them, are they under a different name (ie trainers = sneakers)

Thanks.
G. LaBarre
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
121 Posts

Profile of G. LaBarre
Not sure of your question ??? but in Canada...

If you are asking about sportcoats, that basically means a suit type jacket that doesn't match the pants in material or colour, as a full matching suit would. It can be a formal crested school jacket pressed to the hilt or just a comfortable cordoroy elbow-patched style jacket. Different materials and patterns, both plain or brightly coloured, but still with the three outside pockets and the two or three inside ones. Usually one, two or three button fronts.
During extreme fashion years they may have as many as five or six buttons. They might even have a zippered front to attract the daring crowd, but these go in and out of fashion too quickly.

If it's sport sneaker footwear you're referring to, then we call them sneakers, runners, running shoes, trainers, and walking shoes. Here in Vancouver, British Columbia (where the weather is mild) they are often the preferred dress shoe of choice when worn in basic black. Heck, we even wear these black sport shoes when we are in a full suit. Two brands that come to mind are Rockports and Clarks.

I'm just not sure what goes with those KILTS in Scottland.
My bet is, don't wear the wrong plaid!!!!
Glen Alan - "The HOW in your Magic should be Secondary to the WOW in your Magic."
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
Sorry I should have made that clearer, I am referring to a sports jacket - like you described as jacket not matching trousers.

Thanks for your help Smile
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Kevin it is same in the UK. At least I have bought mine under the same name in London long ago.. Smile Smile Smile
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com