The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The International Brotherhood of Magicians! :: Where The Magic Happens (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Email from Christoph Baaden, filmmaker associated with Where The Magic Happens, a new documentary focused on magic.

We just wanted to introduce ourselves to your members as the filmmakers of a new documentary called WHERE THE MAGIC HAPPENS. Attached is a note from our Executive Producer Lance Burton. Thank you so much for sharing.

(Attached) My name is Lance Burton and as you may know, I have dedicated my life to the study and performance of magic. I am a strong believer that there is nothing better than bringing a sense of astonishment and wonder into the world.

I am writing with some exciting news: I have signed on as Executive Producer to a documentary feature called Where the Magic Happens. This film goes deep inside the magic community, following four professional magicians who have refused to give up the dream that the impossible is actually possible. Their stories are touching, inspiring, and illuminate the power and potential of our craft.

Right now I am asking for your help. We have already reached our minimum funding goal on the popular funding site Kickstarter and now we have the ability to take this project to the next level! And if we reach our next fundraising goal, everyone who donated $30 during the campaign will receive a deck of playing cards signed by myself, Max Maven, and Mac King!

Please help us spread the word to your members by sending this note in an email, posting about the film on your Facebook page or in your newsletter so that we can bring Where the Magic Happens to a wide audience.

See a sneak peek of the film and donate here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/marc......umentary

I am so excited to be a part of this project that explores the beauty of magic and what it takes to be a magician. I am always eager to bring positive attention and press to our industry, and this documentary celebrates all that we love.

Thank you,

Lance Burton
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Robbie_Parris
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Robbie_Parris
Wow, this looks fantastic! I love that this is being done by a woman who professes to being 'obsessed' with magic. You know it will be produced with a lot of love and respect for the craft. I have a question. I would like to pledge over 30 dollars but would love a deck of cards signed by those great magicians. So if we pledge more than 30 will we still get the cards as well as what it says on the kickstarted site?
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Robbie, you'd have to ask the organizers. I'm just passing along the information I received. Down side, they have to meet their $45,000 goal in order to receive the signed decks. With 90 minutes left and a current total of $41,000, that is doubtful. I gave $50 out of respect for the project.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org