The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Whats a good Color changing knife dvd (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
IvanLee
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of IvanLee
Ummm...
Must Be a DVD?
I have red Juan's sonata, it has a chapter about knives, genius!(In his lecture DVD, there is a wonderful routine but with no explanations, but I think it may not so difficult to learn)
Ascanio also has a book about knives maybe named The Magic of Ascanio book vol.4? I haven't read it but I will~
Other routines in my mind is Daryl's in Fooler Dooler and Malone's in the On the Loose.
Anyway the advantage of knives is impromtu, you may not need a so sophisticated one.~
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6146 Posts

Profile of motown
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
Buy this book. it is great and so many moves. best book there is. for me the TURN WITH THE PINKY is the price of the book worth.

http://www.mymagic.com/ascanio.htm
gomerel
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of gomerel
I second the Ascanio book. Very clear steps. Explanation of the psychology.
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1485 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Hi There, Knives - theres a lot of good advice on that topic already. Theres a another option out there. Flash/USB drives, check Chad Longs effect with color changing flash drives called "Flash", great effect, easy to do.
vampiro
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta
240 Posts

Profile of vampiro
Please don't forget the use of a holdout, with any routine.
Hopefully, this will make your planning easier.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6146 Posts

Profile of motown
Aldo Colombini has a new Color Changing Knives DVD with a nice routine.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Darrin Cook
View Profile
Special user
621 Posts

Profile of Darrin Cook
Check out Jim Sisti's "Grandpa's Fruit Knives," available from Lybrary.com. It's a simple routine that automatically resets. You only need 2 knives.

Also see Steve Draun's routine from World's Greatest Magic. It's a little bit more work, but it has a climax and automatically resets. From the same DVD Bill Malone has a 2-knife routine, but I think his is done more for laughs.

Joe Mogar's Chameleon Knives DVD is a good resource. I've recently bought coins and knives from him. His knives are top-notch and his service is very fast.

Pop Haydn's "Intricate Web of Distraction" is an excellent routine.

I agree with Pete Biro --look to come up with your own routine, which is what I'm working on now. I must say, though, that although the flashdrives routine and props may be nice, I think flashdrives are the wrong way to go. I just just don't think that there's the meaning and the storyline or comic potential of knives. I think the strong point of Chad Long's flashdrive routine is the growing effect at the end. I think a knife routine should end with either a growing or shrinking effect for greatest impact.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Fred Kaps routine is something to take a look at, but is in book form. The booklet, "World of Knives" has recently been reprinted.