The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Mentally Speaking :: Roy Zaltsman's newest dvd: Requires Only You (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Angel1998
View Profile
Regular user
Ho Chi Minh City,Vietnam
184 Posts

Profile of Angel1998
Hey guys !
I just received a package from Roy (Thank you my good friend). This DVD is awesome ! These tricks are very practical, easy to do, lots of improvements. His touches make old trick to more modern, suitable for these day. My favorite trick in this dvd is Three Thoughts ( Fool spectators 3 times in a row). This DVD is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED Smile . I guarantee if you have this dvd, your mentalism will be better than ever Smile Buy his dvd and your skills in Mentalism will fool any spectators when you perform Smile
Kenny
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
But My skills in mentalism already fool people when I perform.....

Kieran
Angel1998
View Profile
Regular user
Ho Chi Minh City,Vietnam
184 Posts

Profile of Angel1998
Quote:
On 2012-12-30 08:56, magicman29 wrote:
But My skills in mentalism already fool people when I perform.....

Kieran

So this dvd will give you more powerful toys hahaha Smile
YitzhakNoDice
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
517 Posts

Profile of YitzhakNoDice
My opinion is that the Roy's DVD is great for beginners. I purchased this one as I've always has a problem with the ABS which he covers in his own relaxed style. Like other videos on other similar subjects, Roy shows the work up close, however the clarity of the video is very good - better than others I've seen. The overall presentation is good too; he's not repeating himself, something I find annoying on videos from other presenters. An added bonus is access to a growing library of 'unpublished' magic video clips, which are at the least, fun and entertaining.
A wise man's question contains half the answer. - Solomon ben Judah, Philosopher
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Jheff of Marketplace Of The Mind puts Requires Only You in the Honorable Mention section of his Best of 2012 list. See here:

http://www.marketplaceofthemind.com/2012best.html

He also gives the DVD a very good review:

http://www.marketplaceofthemind.com/requonly.html

Jheff is not an "easy" reviewer so it is hard to imagine this being a DVD best suited for beginners without him saying just that. What makes you state so Yitzhak?
Angel1998
View Profile
Regular user
Ho Chi Minh City,Vietnam
184 Posts

Profile of Angel1998
I agree with you Bill ! Roy's dvd is suitable for anyone Smile
RSteele
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of RSteele
Good dvd!
YitzhakNoDice
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
517 Posts

Profile of YitzhakNoDice
Why is it good for beginners? IMHO it is because Roy breaks each move down step by step, first showing the mechanics of each move with good clarity, then shows good misdirection techniques for the move, and finally some good thoughts on performance (i.e., patter and presentation). The DVD makes it look like easy fun, probably due to Roy's personality. That's my two shekels worth; I hope that clarifies my earlier statement.
A wise man's question contains half the answer. - Solomon ben Judah, Philosopher