The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Paper money madness! :: Bill switch without a TT? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
You're right, but within Long's routine it's pretty bombproof. It's a good example of building motivation and misdirection into a routine to accomplish a miracle. Similar approach in DeSouza's "Picasso's Bill" - every move is motivated within the routine. If you were to use the same basic switch that DeSouza does in another routine, you'd have to come up with similar misdirection to get in and out cleanly.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I haven't seen Marc's "Picasso's Bill". Is it on his Master Works of Conjuring DVD set? Gotta get me that set!

Thanks!

Jim
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
It's in his book, DeSouza's Deceptions, pp 23-36.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
"Picasso's bill" eh
Marc is a member of our IBM ring 6, and I'll just ask him at next month's meeting.

J-Mac
Our meeting is only a couple miles from your house you know.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2012-12-28 23:04, Al Angello wrote:
"Picasso's bill" eh
Marc is a member of our IBM ring 6, and I'll just ask him at next month's meeting.

J-Mac
Our meeting is only a couple miles from your house you know.

Yes, I just did see that Al. Might try to get there next month.

Thanks!

Jim
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Jim
You will have to pay $10 because at our January meeting we have a guest lecturer. Be sure to tell Jack, and Hunter at the door that you are my guest. If you never met Marc DeSouza before I'll introduce you to him. I look forward to meeting you on January 14, 2013.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Geoff Pfeiffer
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Geoff Pfeiffer
Larry Jennings has a nice bill switch in "The Classic Magic of LJ" on page 216.
Cluckdini
View Profile
New user
This stunt chicken telekinetically typed
75 Posts

Profile of Cluckdini
Quote:
On 2012-12-23 18:55, Jedo wrote:
Hypno-Bill by Phanthomas

I agree that Hypno-Bill is great, no TT, and the bill is folded less than in most routines. Williams magic has a package that includes the original hypno-bill pamphlet and their own DVD with construction and handling suggestions. Much easier to learn with the DVD, IMHO. The pamphlet just describes the basic idea and pretty much says you need to experiment with it yourself to figure it out. I do my own variant/improvement of hypno-bill all the time and it blows folks away (and so does the original version).
Cluckdini
View Profile
New user
This stunt chicken telekinetically typed
75 Posts

Profile of Cluckdini
To be more clear, in hypno-bill, the bill is only folded in half. You do a slow pass in front of the folded in half bill and it is changed both on the outside and the inside to whatever you want ( I.e. $100). They can feel that the bill is real but you can not hand it out for inspection (not that I would hand out an $100 bill to anyone). With a shake, both sides are changed back and which you can very cleanly show. Done right (the Williams Magic add on DVD covers this), it is clean throughout and the angles are pretty good. I have done it for ten tops and for standing mixed groups of 5-10 kids and adults with fantastic results. It is not a YouTube only effect.

BTW, my only affiliation with Williams Magic is that I always try to visit them when I am in Tucson and that I have spent a fair amount of money there. Smile Despite reading about hypno-bill here (on basically the same quest as you) and seeing the hard to find demo video, I ignored hypno-bill until Emory Williams, Jr. did it several times in front of me at different angles little over a year ago. That live demo showed me what I had been missing. It is now one of the five tricks I carry with me everywhere in my wallet.