The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: David Regal Previous DVDs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Lonewolf123
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
336 Posts

Profile of Lonewolf123
How good is his third DVD? Are the tricks feasible? Which are your favourite tricks here?
martin rieckmann
View Profile
New user
Germany
9 Posts

Profile of martin rieckmann
Hi Lonewolf123,

It´s a very good DVD (but I found the first two better because it seems that he got a bit tired on that volume). This doesn´t mean this DVD isn´t good, it´s excellent! I used most of the tricks and they got great reactions. Here is a short overview:
  • Primate: two kings catch a selected card in between them
  • Leap of Faith: excellent transpo of a selected card from red kings to black kings
  • Straighforward Collectors: very good version of the Collector's Plot
  • Clean Cut: one of the best spectator cuts the aces
  • Bottoms Up Aces: again the spectator cuts the deck and turns over the cards: the aces
  • Down Under Prod.: uses his down under double for an ace revelation
  • Commercial Travel: nice version of the Invisble Palm Plot with a maxi twist kicker
  • TWFCT: excellent prediction effect with "no" method at all
  • Dave's Move a Card: a classic without memory work
  • Logical assembly: Mcdonald's Aces without gimmicks and the piles end up containing three instead of four cards (logical)
  • OOTB: OOTW with an additional kicker
  • For the Hard Way: each spectator (four) selects a card and returns it. Every one of them cuts a pile and their cards are produced out of their piles.
These effects are as clean as tricks can be without gimmicks. This DVD and also the other two are highly recommended!!! Smile

Greetings from Germany,
martin
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Anything from Regal is an awesome buy and Bottoms Up Aces is worth twice price of the DVD.
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
I like Bottom Up Aces but I adore Clean Cut.

Out of all the "Spectator Cuts to Aces" routines I have seen, I like this one the most. I like the humor in his presentation, along with the straight-forwardness of the effect.

What I didn't like about the three DVD (OK...what I liked least, because I still liked it a lot) is that these effects are meant to be performed one at a time. Watching the DVD along with the other two shows us just how strong a routiner (is that a word) David Regal happens to be. I like the choices he makes in putting together a run of effects.

John
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Clean cut isn't as "clean" as bottom up aces because there is a huge chance of the spec cutting to one of the "set" aces...if you know what I mean. it is too risky for me. bottoms up aces floored my girlfriend and she knwos lots of my tricks...and I tried it at a restaurant table the other night and it fried everyone...
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
I could see that someone might cut to a pre-set ace (not going any further as to give anything away).

However, David's patter seems to control the cutting. Giving the, "cut 3/4," then cut 6/8th and then cut 12/16ths" helps quite a bit.

But yes, I agreed whole heartedly with you.. Bottom Up Aces is so very nice!
Lonewolf123
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
336 Posts

Profile of Lonewolf123
How good is D.Regal's Spectator Cut to the Aces as compared to Bill Malone's in his dvds?..which is better? And anyone of you guys like David Regal's The world's 1st card trick taught in his 3rd dvd?
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
I think Regals earlier DVDs were awsome!
Great tricks and really fun to watch!
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

I like worlds first card trick...i think it is just a little overhyped though. some say this is his best effect in constant fooling, but I disagree. he has many other effects that are better. my main problem with worlds first card trick is that what you do with the shuffles is kinda unorthodox and will seem just a little strage to a spectator. it is a deviously simply method though.
and in response to clean cut...im not so worried about the cutting to a set card. I am more worried about, when the spec is cutting cards, the cards staying together more or less. the set card can easily flash when using newer slippery cards. I ran into this problem on more than one occasion. bottoms up aces doesn't have this problem
Ferry H.P.
View Profile
New user
Belgium
95 Posts

Profile of Ferry H.P.
My favourites are "Straightforward Collectors" and "Out of this Borough",
I use them very often.
All tricks on this DVD are great. Smile
Ferry H.P.
TXKEVIN
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of TXKEVIN
Agree Out of this Borough good version of Out of this World.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2003-11-29 23:59, TXKEVIN wrote:
Agree Out of this Borough good version of Out of this World.

Is this better than Paul Harris "GalaxY"???
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Hmmmm...it is different. honestly, I'm not the biggest fan of galaxy as I think it is overhyped. just for the record it is wyman jones that created galaxy, paul Harris had some input but it wasnt his idea. I prefer the orginal OOTW to both these methods. the ending of galaxy, though the discrepancy goes unnoticed) is still sort of fishy. OOTB is a great version that uses less of the deck and not only speartes stuff into colors, but also suits. this version requires you to pay a bit more attention to what is going on. the story that regal uses with it is priceless though. it can be found in constant fooling 2...a wonderful book.
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Quote:
I prefer the orginal OOTW to both these methods. the ending of galaxy, though the discrepancy goes unnoticed) is still sort of fishy.

If it goes unnoticed, then how is it fishy?
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

The whole turning over one card at a time then pausing in the middle, then collecting everything and spreading. this IMO is just as fishy as stopping in the middle of OOTW cept this time it happens at the end.