The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magic names and the media :: Blaine on 20/20 Tonight :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Magique Hands
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincoln, NE.
247 Posts

Profile of Magique Hands
David Blaine is scheduled to appear on ABC's 20/20 program tonight 5/17/20. Check your local listings for times. The guide says 9:00pm/10:00pm.

His Vertigo stunt is scheduled for Wednesday, May 22nd.

- - Troy
"If you go around sprinkling Woofle Dust on everything... people will think 'My... What an odd character." www.magicmafia.com
Missing_Link
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of Missing_Link
Was this any good - anyone got a review?

Slainte

ML
JBmagic
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
110 Posts

Profile of JBmagic
It was pretty much just a quick recap of the upcoming stunt. A very fast "look back" on his first 2 shows, and a little bit of the "tech" side of the new stunt, from a stuntmans perspective.

I think that was about it, it wasn't anything memorable.

The 20/20 crew climbed the "practice pole" and took a shot of the ground from up there, it was pretty high... but then again I am afraid of heights Smile
Jay Buchanan
mrbungle
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of mrbungle
I'm really curious what he is up to. sounds impossible. He's gonna stand on that pole and than jump 109 feet down on cardboard boxes? Ok. Well...eh..pick a card. Smile
Grandia Enterprises inc. 1974
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Blaine is nuts. I mean, would you ever do stunts like that? Smile Smile Smile
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4716 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
I think I'll stick to summoning a sea serpent to occupy Lake Washington here in the Seattle area.

:evilgrin:
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Apparently he took his heart out on Carson Daly last night and they wouldn't air it because it was too graphic... my type of effect!!!
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
WindsorWizard
View Profile
New user
CANADA - Windsor, Ontario
44 Posts

Profile of WindsorWizard
Hey, I once tried walking on water but got all wet... it wasn't frozen enough... seriously though, you've got to give him credit. It takes guts to be different and get everyone to recognise that fact... so they remember you.

Eh... remember that the Great Houdini was not really the greatest magician of all time, but with his enthusiasm to get the best press, it sure appeared that he was the king!

We may not agree with or approve of the material that Blaine is using, but he is getting the exposure without EXPOSURE! Yup, got to give him credit... we sometimes get dizzy just looking down at our shoes. You'd probably get a bit woozy looking at them too, but I've got to wear them, and really it's a good thing too, because it is one thing that my young audience members remember... Jonathon T. Wizard and his FUNNY SHOES!

However, I do hope that suitable warnings are screened for parents with youngsters who tend to be somewhat fearless these days. We don't need any Blaine WannaBees, regardless of age, nursing broken limbs do we?
EVERYTHING is possible...
If you simply, just BELIEVE!
~ ~ ~ Johnny Ould ~ ~ ~
VISIT US: Windsor Magic Place & Cases For Magic=A Free Report!
Missing_Link
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of Missing_Link
I think if any Blaine WannaBes tried to copy his vertigo stunt then they'd probably be quite pleased to come away with no more than a broken limb or two Smile

Still, it is a great stunt. It was featured on tv here (UK) this morning and already people were saying things like "it's a robot". Brilliant - you can't get better than that type of reaction.

By the way, sorry if this has been discussed previously, but have any of the non-UK Cafe visitors ever seen the dreadful interview that Blaine did on GMTV over here last year? It was hilarious. If anyone is interested, then I'll post a wee description here.

Slainte!

ML
The Bear
View Profile
New user
Essex, UK
71 Posts

Profile of The Bear
I am in the UK, but sadly missed the GMTV interview. I'd love to hear the gory details.
There are two types of people in the world. Those that divide the world into two types of people, and those that don't.
Missing_Link
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of Missing_Link
It was great...

Blaine was interviewed by Eamon Holmes who clearly didn't know too much about him.

More to the point, Blaine obviously didn't want to be there. Holmes would ask a simple question and Blaine would consistently mumble a brief, incoherent answer. This went on and on, with Holmes looking increasingly uncomfortable. All the time, Blaine was staring straight at him, without any expression on his face.

Eventually, just as Holmes looked as if he couldn't take any more, Blaine held up his left palm which had a human eye drawn on it. Holmes asked what it was for and Blaine mumbled "protection". Protection from what, asked Holmes. "protection from death" was the answer!!

To be honest, Blaine came over as an idiot. Apparently, backstage after the interview, he was chirpy and chatted away with the production crew. Some reckon he had thought that he was going to be on the Big Breakfast (for non UK readers, this was a show on Channel 4 which was light hearted and didn't hold back on making fun of guests), and was on the defensive.

It is a good clip - it is often repeated on tv-out take programmes over here, so look out for it.

Slainte!

ML