The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Whats a good color changing Knife set to get? (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
mhsam
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of mhsam
I use Joe Mogar's knives and have had him custom make several sets for my routine. Very classy.
OMagicOne
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of OMagicOne
Rodger Lovins has his new set out now! Here is a link: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S21992
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3712 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I saw a set of Rodger's a couple of weeks ago ... sweet. On my Christmas list.
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1348 Posts

Profile of Leo H
The Buck knives 3 knife set that the Buck twins are selling look gorgeous. My set is on the way:

https://www.dananddave.com/collections/m......entleman
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
For me, Porper and Merrill. Magnum at Penguin is nice but big and rounded giving a bit more tell to the paddle handling. I love their color and the rd one is included but beware - it's for guys who know how to use knives as they are big and can flash. My favorite set is the old locking ones in flat black and white that cost like 10 bucks. The wide flat is what I like best.
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
bogie
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of bogie
I have handle many and by far my favorite set are the Scotty Yorks. I have had this set since early 90s.
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1348 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2017, StarManager wrote:
For me, Porper and Merrill.

Porper sells colour changing knives?
magojose|
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of magojose|
The best CC Knives sets around are made by Flavio Casavalle, from Argentina.
Each one is hand made, with a superb finish, vivid colours and the right weigth in order to do some of the greatest moves.
Check them out at
http://casavalleknives.com
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1348 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Those Casavalle knives are gorgeous!

Mogar recently released his 3 knife stag set with stainless steel bolsters. Whit is currently performing with this newer version of Mogar knives.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6146 Posts

Profile of motown
Yes they are.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
stephaniebeach
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of stephaniebeach
I just saw Jim Sisti at Diamond's Magic and he SOOoooOOO impressed me with his color changing knives routine. BUT I cannot locate a set like his. He sold out before I got to his product table.
He has a pocket knife with 2 colors and one knife with one color on both sides so like one knife is Black/White and the other White/White.
I cannot find his products on his web site nor a set of knives like this.
Any suggestions? The Casavalle knives look sweet but don't fit my need.
Thanks much
Stephanie Beach Magic.
StephanieBeachMagic.com
Making your events Magical
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1348 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Stephanie--did you try to ask Sisti about the knives he used?
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6146 Posts

Profile of motown
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1348 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Thanks for the links Motown. It appears Sisti uses the Mogar Whit Haydn stag knives for his Skinner routine.