The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Mentally Speaking :: Liber Mentis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
ragingcalm
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of ragingcalm
Any reviews?
NYNick
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of NYNick
No news is good news. Maybe no reviews is good?Sure these guys will all be performing the gold from this book. No time to write reviews., If its real big theres gold for everyone. Just buy it.
~NYN
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Quote:
On 2013-02-20 21:09, MatthewSims wrote:
I'm imagining this is going to be very close to Neal Scryer and Friends, in that it's a combination of multiple performers' material varying over different subjects. Am I correct?

Also, I hear that Carnival of Secrets is along the same lines as well. Could it be correct in saying that all three books are SOMEWHAT of an extension of each other?

Matthew

Hi Matthew

I would say no to this query. The material varies from 'straight ahead' Mentalism to readings to bizarre to technical essays and pendulum work. There is certainly something for everybody in the mental, bizarre and mystery entertainer side of performance magic.

Will Houstoun is reviewing this for The Magic Circular and Genii Magazine, Jheff has posted a kind of reveiw but admits to reading a third of it...sales are holing steady since it was released.

Best wishes

Todd
duanebarry
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of duanebarry
Will Houstoun's review in Genii is out.

April 2013 issue, pp. 85-86.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On 2013-03-19 11:57, ragingcalm wrote:
Any reviews?

Yeah go back one page Smile
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Quote:
On 2013-03-19 17:18, duanebarry wrote:
Will Houstoun's review in Genii is out.

April 2013 issue, pp. 85-86.

Thanks for that.

Todd
Jheff
View Profile
V.I.P.
402 Posts

Profile of Jheff
[quote]On 2013-03-19 14:07, DrTodd wrote:
Quote:
Jheff has posted a kind of reveiw but admits to reading a third of it...sales are holing steady since it was released.

Actually, by now, I've read the whole thing. The remaining two-thirds certainly don't diminish what I thought of it based on the first third. Briefly, I'd be surprised if any experienced mentalist reads it and DOESN'T find something to fall in love with.

- Jheff
Marketplace of the Mind PARIMENTAL, a 200 page exploration of a classic Martin Gardner principle, is now available!!
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
[quote]On 2013-03-22 23:25, Jheff wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-03-19 14:07, DrTodd wrote:
Quote:
Jheff has posted a kind of reveiw but admits to reading a third of it...sales are holing steady since it was released.

Actually, by now, I've read the whole thing. The remaining two-thirds certainly don't diminish what I thought of it based on the first third. Briefly, I'd be surprised if any experienced mentalist reads it and DOESN'T find something to fall in love with.

- Jheff

Wonderful. Thank you very much!

Best wishes

Todd
NYNick
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of NYNick
Great to hear that such a big book probably has something that someone will like. Knew it would be that great.
~NYN
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Quote:
On 2013-03-27 05:52, NYNick wrote:
Great to hear that such a big book probably has something that someone will like. Knew it would be that great.

Thanks. We were overwhelmed with the number of submissions and pleased with both the quality and the variety.
aviso
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of aviso
I'd like to thank all for their time, effort and subsequent feedback on the Liber Mentis project.
I'm currently working on a new book project with further surprises ....
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1745 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Quote:
On 2013-05-10 05:40, aviso wrote:
I'd like to thank all for their time, effort and subsequent feedback on the Liber Mentis project.
I'm currently working on a new book project with further surprises ....

Ooooh...do you need a proofreader?!!

Barry
Julian Kestrel
View Profile
Loyal user
269 Posts

Profile of Julian Kestrel
Is Liber Mentis still available?
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1745 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2023, Julian Kestrel wrote:
Is Liber Mentis still available?

As no one else has replied, and it's not currently showing in LuLu, I assume that new copies are no longer available. I suggest you send a DM to Steve Drury, who edited it.