The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Belt...stuff? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Hey everybody. I started wearing a belt recently, which means that I can no longer use my Raven. (I have a "beltlike" hookup). I was wondering if there are any tricks that use special belts, or if belts are useful for anything magic at all.
pxs
View Profile
Loyal user
London
284 Posts

Profile of pxs
I have a glass production gimmick which is attached to a belt which is very effective (although I don't often use it nowadays).
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
There are a number of production gimmicks that hook on to a belt. Personally, I use a belt only to handle hecklers. Smile
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Gambler's routine use a belt ala "fast and loose".
Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
joculari
View Profile
New user
Canada
80 Posts

Profile of joculari
I use my Raven with a belt and it seems to work. Oh well.

I suppose you can really tighten the belt and wedge coins in there and regularly rest your thumbs on your belt and remove them. I really don't know I've never tried it. Only a suggestion
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2955 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
There's that belt through face trick in Magic Magazine.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Is the belt thru face any good?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Mr. Ed
View Profile
Veteran user
California
337 Posts

Profile of Mr. Ed
I use my belt as an extra pocket. I store coins for steals, ditch TT's, hold packets that I add to a regular deck to give the appearance they have been in play all along. It's been a very versatile tool for me. I am currently in the process of making a belt with sound modules built in for sound effects on demand, but it's not going too well. Can't get a good volume.
He who laughs, lasts.
Digital Backlot
View Profile
Regular user
So. Cali
115 Posts

Profile of Digital Backlot
Can someone explain to me how you hook up the Raven to your belt? It makes no sense to me.
Joel Payne
CEO 3D Filmmakers
www.DigitalBacklot.com
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
In Robert O'Neal's video "Sides" he has a version of a gambling routine (kind of like the endless chain) which uses a belt.
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
You can also bend a key with a good belt buckle (ala Uri Geller.) They also used to sell a special belt buckle to assist in bending keys, (but, I have not seen the gimmicked belt buckle in years.)

Jeff
Long Island,

New York
DanielGreenWolf
View Profile
Veteran user
Waterbury, CT
363 Posts

Profile of DanielGreenWolf
I've actually used my belt as a ditch for coins, and other small items. But I think you'd have to wear it snug. I'm great in girth so I do.

-Daniel GreenWolf
-Much love,
Daniel GreenWolf
Celtic Magician

www.GreenWolfMagic.com
Shenaniganz
View Profile
New user
Cypress, CA
100 Posts

Profile of Shenaniganz
I use my belt to make blisters appear.

In fact, that's the only reason I wear it. isn't there some other things you can do?