The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The International Brotherhood of Magicians! :: Ring 50 presents Magi whirl 2013 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
Hey gang,
happy to say the line up for Magi-whirl 2013 here at ring 50 is again another stellar line up.
This year we have Brad ross, Juliana chen, Master Payne and John Carlson. tickets and registration are already on sale. This one will be sure to sell out. get your tickets early.
magringo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sad that all I have is a scant
325 Posts

Profile of magringo
This will be an awesome conference... Thanks Mike!
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
Hopefully, I can make my over there Smile
magringo
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of magringo
Here's a link to the event
http://www.magi-whirl.org/
magringo
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of magringo
Tickets to Magi-Whirl (convention and gala show) are now available for purchase on the site... Buy them now because space is LIMITED.
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Hey Six it would be awesome if you could make it. its only a hort train ride from NY to DC. will arrange transport from the station. Take the metro to srpingfield station you can see the hotel from there.
Michael
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Tickets are diassapearing fast every one.
MrBob102
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Virginia
125 Posts

Profile of MrBob102
Magi-Whirl 2013, Washington, D.C.
“The best little convention in the National Capital Area”

Don’t miss International Brotherhood of Magicians, National Capital Ring 50, Magi-Whirl 2013, April 5 & 6, 2013. There will be four lectures, plus three close-up performances, and a Gala evening show. Magi-Whirl is being held at Bishop Ireton High School, 201 Cambridge Rd, Alexandria VA. Only $60 until March 15th. After March 15th it’s $75 for everyone. You can register and pay by PayPal on our website: http://www.Magi-Whirl.Org or download the registration form and mail it in. Save money and register early.

Come to IBM Ring 50’s Magi-Whirl 2013, and hang out with other magicians and people devoted to magic. You may learn new tricks, ideas, presentations, and of course see some great performances. You won’t want to miss the great lecturers and performers.

We have ten dealer booths scheduled for the dealer room. You can see and talk to professional magicians and look at new magic items for sale. This gives you the chance to see them, touch them and see them in action before making a purchase. The dealers are: Bob Little's Guaranteed Magic, Dave Hill’s Magic Dollar Store, The Magic Warehouse - Howard Katz, Fred's Magic Books - Fred Mitchell, Sorcery with Class - Scott Correll, Magic Goods - Pravin Ponnuri, Mercy Me Magic - Martin Mercy, Mike Hummer Magic, Brad Ross Magic, John Carlson Magic and more. On Friday night, April 5th, there will be a dealer’s show with the dealers demonstrating the latest magical items, silks, accessories, and supplies.

The 90 minute Saturday night Gala Evening Show includes: International Illusionist – Brad Ross, Int’l Acclaimed Magician – Juliana Chen, Premier Renaissance Magician – Master Payne, and Master Magician & Ventriloquist – John Carlson and Magical Master of Ceremonies – TBA.

For details go to: http://www.Magi-Whirl.Org. Come and join the fun and meet new magical friends, learn some new techniques, tricks, and perhaps pick up some of the latest magic items.

Hope to see you there!

Magi-Whirl 2013
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Hello folks remeber if you are traveling to Kapitol kidvention Mr bob is also the registration chair for magi-whirl I will be at Kidvention only on saturday. look for me there a(yes bob I will pay at the door)
magringo
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of magringo
Who ever heard of a fantasic day and half magic convention with so much talent for $60 (until Mach 15)??? that's crazy... Magicians ...if you never come to Magi-Whirl and do... you'll come every year...it's that good and I've seen it for myself year after year... and in many cases, better than other conventios that go on for days and cost hundreds.
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

We are less than 30 days away get your tickets now this is going to be a great day for all. just added magical artwork of julian oteza on display n the mezzanine.
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Less than 30 days and counting
GreenEggs
View Profile
New user
Why have I got
65 Posts

Profile of GreenEggs
Word has it that THE Sam Brothers will be doing a close-up performance. *shocker*! Seriously... I'm looking forward to another great year at Magi-Whirl!
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

Ok the cats out of the bag. yes sam will be one of the featured close up performers. he will be joined by master payne and noland Montgomery for our round robin style close up show.
LMLipman
View Profile
Elite user
Falls Church, Va.
443 Posts

Profile of LMLipman
Quote:
On 2013-03-13 22:41, sambrothers wrote:
Word has it that THE Sam Brothers will be doing a close-up performance. *shocker*! Seriously... I'm looking forward to another great year at Magi-Whirl!

I understand that Noland Montgomery, a six or seven-time winner of the Ring 50 Dan Lacey Memorial magic contest -- and whom the ring dubs its Washington Magician of the Year -- will also be performing in the close-up sessions. Having seen Noland work on the street, at the Ring and at Black Tie affairs, I'm looking forward to his presentation.

I'm also looking forward to the dealers' room. This the time one time each year when I go whole hog in buying new material and stocking up on reusables--which is particularly important since we no longer have a brick & mortar magic shop in the DC metro area.
Larry Lipman
Lorenzo the Great
www.lorenzomagic.com
magringo
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of magringo
Magi-Whirl 2013 Gala tickets will be selling out fast this year -- so spread the word to friends and family to purchase their tickets online.
LMLipman
View Profile
Elite user
Falls Church, Va.
443 Posts

Profile of LMLipman
There are a bunch of restaurants within easy walking (or driving) distance from the school to the nearby shopping center. A bunch of MagiWhirl attendees usually gather at some of them. It's a great way to meet folks from other areas. If you are a Café member and you see me at MagiWhirl, be sure to say hi.

I'll also be doing strolling magic in the audience before the gala show.
Larry Lipman
Lorenzo the Great
www.lorenzomagic.com
magringo
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of magringo
See you there, Larry!!! and for lunch, too! I can't wait to see the dealers room -- magicians -- if you're not yet signed up for MW 2013 -- you'd better do so fast.. space is limited..
GreenEggs
View Profile
New user
Why have I got
65 Posts

Profile of GreenEggs
The list of all performers are here: http://magi-whirl.org/schedule.php Less than a week!
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
656 Posts

I will spend Backstage at the Whaley Auditorium Getting one of the best Magic shows In the country put together.