The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Accessories :: Strong Box by Joe Porper :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3783 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Strong Box by Joe Porper
----------oOo----------

Effect & description: This small chest will stand a great deal of examination and it will not reveal its clever and diabolical secret! The performer may cause any small object, prediction, folded playing card, coin, ring, etc. to appear inside the sealed chest. The loading can be performed in a second, yet the secret will remain hidden even after inspection! Likewise, any object locked and sealed inside can be removed just as quickly!

This is an incredible prop that can be used alone or added to a Nest of Boxes routine or a Prediction Chest. Machined from solid stock aluminum, it comes complete with brass hardware and quality lock

---------------------------------------

**********A LITTLE HISTORY...**********

For many years magicians have used the Lippincott Box (aka Quarter Go) invented by Jack Lippincott to cause objects (usually coins) to appear inside, or to have an object which has been locked inside, mysteriously vanish only to reappear somewhere else.

This small box (typically fashioned from wood) had a clasp and padlock and has been produced nicely over the years by companies such as Viking Mfg and Milson-Worth. I have the old Milson-Worth model, and still use this from time to time. Though Milson-Worth is no longer in business, Viking Mfg. still produces a decent box.

The Lippincott Box is of course gimmicked but will usually pass by a casual inspection. However, it would not take much for a spectator to discover the secret method used, and that is reason enough to be ever so cautious in using it. Smile

--------------------------------------------

Just when I thought I might retire the idea of using such a prop, along comes Joe Porper with his Strong Box! The name itself says it all folks! This bad boy is built like it was meant to be carried in an armored car - No kidding! Solid aluminum (I'm not talking a thin aluminum can here) with heavy brass clasp and padlock. Sturdy and heavy for sure. But what about the gimmick?

Let's put it this way, when Joe first showed this to me in Las Vegas, I looked at it for over 40 minutes and finally gave up as to the method. Joe eventually felt sorry for me, and tipped the modus operandi...I nearly died!
I could not believe the simplicity of it all. Quick, simple and ever so clever. This box will withstand even the most intense inspection. I highly doubt any spectator would ever come close to figuring this thing out..it's that good.

Using this box will allow you to instantly place an object inside (or retrieve an object), even after the spectator has securely locked the box...it all happens in a split second. Once again, when holding this locked box in their hands, the onlookers will be totally convinced it is impossible to obtain the object inside without actually un-locking the box, they are of course sadly mistaken. Smile

In closing I'll also add that this fortified box is designed to last a lifetime, and then some. The design and craftsmanship is just wonderful. But then again, I would expect nothing less from Joe Porper. Smile Highly recommended. Smile

------------------------------------------

My rating:

Available from Hocus Pocus or your favorite dealer.

Suggested retail: $250.00

Hocus Pocus
2311 McKinley Avenue, Fresno, Ca. 93703
Order Toll-Free!: 800-407-4040
Questions, chat: (559) 266-5150
24-Hour Fax: (559) 266-4517

You can also contact Hocus Pocus directly at: sales@hocus-pocus.com
To visit the Hocus Pocus site: Click here!

You may contact Joe Porper directly at:
porperprods@earthlink.net

To visit Joe's website:
Click here!

Creative Inventions
9142-44 JORDAN AVENUE
CHATSWORTH, CA. 91311
PHONE:
(818) 727-7966
FAX: (818) 727-9076
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks