The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Michael Webers "RIng on Wand" effect shown at seminar I Blackpool 2012 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1489 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Dear friends

Michael Weber showed his "Ring on Wand" routine at his Blackpool seminar in 2012. I beleive it can be found on an old Videotape (Greater Magic Video Library Michael Weber Volume 22: Michael Weber (Video) Ring on stick The Tom Sellers movement where the thumb kicks the ring to the centre of the ring as the other hand comes down on the stick ).

I do no longer have a VHS video machine. So is there any other sources where it can be found - is it released in lecture notes, books, DVD or elsewhere?

Best regards

Jan
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1626 Posts

Profile of JNeal
This is also covered I believe in FLIP's (Hallema) lecture notes.
I know I saw him teach it some many years ago...
JNeal
visit me @ JNealShow.com
runt_jorden
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of runt_jorden
I think it is in lifesavers. I might be wrong?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Vraagaard: Don't know where it is in print, but how does one get a reservation for the restaurant Noma in September?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1489 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Quote:
On 2012-07-31 18:26, Pete Biro wrote:
Vraagaard: Don't know where it is in print, but how does one get a reservation for the restaurant Noma in September?

Hi Pete, yes NOMA is a fantastic experience. Only way to get reservations is to book online. Their webpage NOMA.dk states the following, meaning you are probably late for September reservations, but you should try anyway, I have been lucky to get in on a cancellation.

"Dear guest,

We regret that we cannot meet all the requests for table reservations that we receive.

"For now, we do not accept reservations beyond 31st of October 2012.
If no tables are available for the requested date, you can sign up for our waiting list via online booking. We receive cancellations daily.

On Monday the 13th of August 2012 at 10 a.m. (CET) we start taking table reservations for November 2012.

Please be aware that noma is closed Sundays and Mondays, and will be closed from the 22nd of July to the 13th of August."

If you are in Copenhagen and cannot get reservations for NOMA, the you should try restaurant no 49 in the world called "Geranium" also Nordic inspired, or another fantaxztic experience is "Mielke and Hurtigkarl" more fusion like, or the less pricy restaurant "Radio" also Nordic inspired.

Best regards

Jan
Conus
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of Conus
Quote:
This is also covered I believe in FLIP's (Hallema) lecture notes.
I know I saw him teach it some many years ago...
JNeal

Yes - that move is also covered on one of Flip's DVDs.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6146 Posts

Profile of motown
Charlie Miller teaches his routine on this GMVL DVD:
http://www.stevensmagic.com/index.php?ma......_id=7787

I know it's not the one your looking for, but it might be of interest.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1489 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Hey thanks a lot. I'll check it out. I don't think MW's routine was special in the sense that he invented new "moves". I Think it was special in the way he routined it with at combination of already existing moves.

So I'll check out different routines and create my own.

Best regards

Jan
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6146 Posts

Profile of motown
It's a shame that some of the Greater Magic Videos haven't been put on DVD.

There's also a version on one of Michael Skinner's DVDs.

I'd love to check out the Weber version though.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain