The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The little darlings :: Boy Scout Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Shawn D
View Profile
Elite user
Hughson,Ca
466 Posts

Profile of Shawn D
I am booked for a magic show for the Boy scouts and they also would like me to teach them a trick. I am thinking a rope trick would be great being they are boy scouts and boy scouts do a lot of stuff with ropes if I can remember that far back as a kid. I also heard they have a boy scouts magic book. I don't have that and was wondering if there is something out of there better to teach them.

Also I would like to do a cut and restore neck tie using theirs that they wear. Has anyone seen this done and if so it the same as the Classic cut and restore rope or is there a different set up for this.

Thanks in advance
Shawn
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2338 Posts

Profile of David Todd
If you have a Boy Scout supply store in your town then they will have the Boy Scout book of magic.

For the cut and restored neckerchief use PHOA's CUT & RESTORED SILK effect from Tarbell Vol. 7 .

Before the date of your show purchase a duplicate Scout neckerchief from the Boy Scout store.

After you have cut and restored the neckerchief you can vanish it with a classic hankerchief pull (I prefer the Dick Zimmerman Super-Pull available from dealers). You could also vanish it with a Tarbell Cone or any number of standard methods. Up to you.

Then reproduce the duplicate neckerchief and return it to the Scout, good as new.

BE SURE that the duplicate you purchase from the Scout store matches the type of neckerchief you borrow and be sure that the Scout does not have any special iron-on patches or award pins on his neckerchief when you borrow it. Using the Phoa Cut & Restored method you will be destroying one good neckerchief permanently , so make sure it is not a special neckerchief.

You could pre-arrange with one of the Scouts or one of the Scoutmasters to be wearing your duplicate neckerchief and then that' s the one you would do the cut and restored trick with. Then after you vanish and reproduce it , the neckerchief you return to them would be the one they had on originally, before the show. This does not require that you reveal the method to them, only that you ask them before the show if they could help you out by temporarily wearing the neckerchief that you give to them. Tell them that you will be "borrrowing" it during the course of your show and that they should play along like it is just spontaneous.
Shawn D
View Profile
Elite user
Hughson,Ca
466 Posts

Profile of Shawn D
Thank you for the Advice Dai,

You where very helpful.

Shawn
RayBanks
View Profile
Special user
Nassau Bay, TX
533 Posts

Profile of RayBanks
David Ginn has the exact effect in print. It costs $2 US from Hank Lee. It's called 'Comedy Cut and Restored Neckerchief"
-------------
Pick a card, any card...No. not THAT one...THIS one

Ray Banks
Maynooth
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
105 Posts

Profile of Maynooth
Shawn D,
I sent you a PM with some suggestions in it. Hope it's helpful.

cheers
Maynooth
The race is long and in the end it is only with one's self.