The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! :: Is there a time limit for the Late Late Show? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2870 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Yep, I am thinking about doing a routine or two for the "Late Late" show at the FCM convention on Monday or Tuesday night. Anyone know if there is a time limit being on this show? I think all you have to do is sign up to be on it, but I don't want to go over the limit- hey- I could do 55 minutes before I even realized it. So much to do... so little time. I will try to send an email to Joey Evans (I will let you know what I find out), I think Joey does the sign ups? Hope to see you all there, fired up for July 29- August 3! And yes, I am working on some goofy close up- will be going around the tables at the Caféteria trying out some stuff on Monday and Tuesday (including doing Sheldon Rhodes' neato King of Hearts column effect which I had not seen before). Hope YOU bring your favorite effects as well to do either on "The Late Late Show" or close-up in the Caféteria. Psalm 67! Lots of convention information at http://www.fcm.org
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2870 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Got an email from Kif, says the acts are usually have a 5-7 minute deadline or so. No problem with me, it takes me that long just to shuffle the deck for one trick! Denny of Denny and Lee takes longer than that to do his Malini egg bag routine. Yowsa! So I will get to work on this tomorrow, my rabbit is so old it takes him 5 minutes just to come out of my rabbit wringer. Smile "Must go faster, must go faster!" (Jeff Goldblum)
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
I would love to do the late, late show but so difficult with young grandchildren who desperately need to be in bed to get sleep to even make it thru the following day.
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
The heck with the kids I'm making mine stay up late mwhahaahah I can not remember what I did years ago at the late night thing except that one person asked me about throwing cards next thing you know we had an all out throwing cards war going on. amazing no one lost an eye! LOL

see you all in a week!!

ps shameful plug but monday and thursday I will be lecturing 2 different lectures! oh and tuesday night closing the show. should be fun.

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
Yea, you don't have to deal with them the next day.
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Right I send her off to wow and they have to deal with her. hahahhaha

cant wait to be there.
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
Joey Evans
View Profile
Special user
Fort Myers, FL
535 Posts

Profile of Joey Evans
Hey guys! I would love to see you all in the late show! Monday night is a great night as it is usually one of the more open nights before people get settled in. The time limit is actually 10 minutes for acts. This is just to make sure everyone gets to perform for a fresh audience. Also the late show has grown immensely recently and has had more and more people sign up. This is great for everyone (and it helps us spread our MC skits around more.).

The late show truly is, IMHO, the heart of the FCM. Those are my people! Smile
The Visual Comedy and Magic of Joey Evans

http://www.Evansmagic.com/

The Impossible Has Never Been So Funny!
Joey Evans
View Profile
Special user
Fort Myers, FL
535 Posts

Profile of Joey Evans
Also Roger, we usually give more time on Monday nights as their are usually just a couple people that sign up. So I would LOVE to have you then. We normally only have two or three as opposed to twelve or thirteen on Thursday nights.
The Visual Comedy and Magic of Joey Evans

http://www.Evansmagic.com/

The Impossible Has Never Been So Funny!
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2870 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Count me IN for Monday night. I will plan on it, sign me up! I will do a very small segment of "Incredible Predictions" which I came up with earlier this month for doing a new program for a group of older adults (no kids there)- they ended up asking me to do a whopping 55 minutes!
Roger Magic Bus
Signor Blitz
View Profile
Elite user
419 Posts

Profile of Signor Blitz
Are the late nights still informal held in the lobby of one of the dorms? or am I thinking of the late late nights programs. Regardless, where will we find the late night programs?

many thanks!
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2870 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Usually the "late shows" are held in the mini "theatre" room right across the hall from the IWU Caféteria.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2870 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
I may be confused on this as well. "The Late Show" I think usually starts not long after the evening show ends in the Theatre directly across from the Caféteria. This is with Joey Evans and Kif Anderson, etc.. Then, PJ Weber used to host "The Late Late Show"- often going into the wee hours of the morning- and that used to be in a dorm lounge area. I remember I think it was two years ago when Duane Laflin actually did a lecture that ended about 1:30AM or so in one of the dorm lounge areas. Yowsa!
Signor Blitz
View Profile
Elite user
419 Posts

Profile of Signor Blitz
Thank you Mr Magic Bus!! It has been some tim since I have been to FCM and that is how I remembered it also - question - you made it sound as if the late late show with PJ Webber is a thing of the past - is that so?
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2870 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
I do not know, PJ is very active in Ring 211 in Grand Rapids and I forgot to ask him several months ago when I was up there if he will be at FCM this year. Someone else take over the Late Late show for him last year?- I don't recall- I go to bed after "The Late Show"- can't stay up all night anymore nowadays. PJ could not make it last year with some health issues in his family -which I believe are now all very much better Smile - so my guess is (and it's only a guess) PJ and Tina may be in Marion this year maybe for the first few days? PJ has been so very nice to me- always quick to say "hi". If PJ is not there for FCM 2012, it is probably because he has also attended Abbott's Get-Together in Colon since at least the Seventies which unfortunately begins on August 1 during the FCM convention. I too will be heading out straight from FCM over to Colon on Wednesday night (which is about a 40 minute drive south of where I live in Kalamazoo).
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2870 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
P.S.: Can't wait- FCM 2012 starts in just a few days! See you Sunday night!
Carrie Sue
View Profile
Veteran user
Auburn, MI
332 Posts

Profile of Carrie Sue
I was pleased and honored to host the Late Late Magic gathering in P.J. Weber's absence. The guys who showed up every night were the sweetest, and I stayed up later each night than I am used to, but had a fabulous time.

Thanks FCM, and I hope to be back next year!

Carrie
www.proximityillusions.com

ASLAN IS ON THE MOVE!