The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: MAGIC - The Magazine For Magicians :: Magic+Genii vs. Ask Alexlander ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Could somebody discuss this ?
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
cpatchett
View Profile
Veteran user
My current prediction is that I have
337 Posts

Profile of cpatchett
Could you be more specific in exactly what you want discussed?
Magician: Someone willing to spend $15 to learn how to make $1 disappear.
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
Ask Alexander is a searchable database.
harbour
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of harbour
A database for genii magazine
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Where do you go for the search engine on Magic Magazine?
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Ask Alexander is a research database provided by The Conjuring Arts Research Center. There are various levels of membership and naturally each level grants access to more resources. I highly recommend it for anyone who believes that some of the greatest magic ever created is hidden in the pages of periodicals and magazines.

If you are not a Genii subscriber but you are a member of CARC, you still get the complete run of Genii under the Larsens - 1936-1998. If you are a Genii subscriber and a CARC member, your username and password are the same for both and you have access to iGenii. Lastly, Genii subscribers get the complete Larsen run of Genii plus iGenii included in a year subscription price to Genii, so you don't have to join CARC, but again, for the money, it really is unbeatable.

I know that Stan Allen's Magic is produced digitally, but not for PCs or Macs. It's a shame really. I was a long time subscriber to Magic, but, when I moved to Europe, I couldn't - and can't - justify the international subscription price when Genii clearly has its international customers covered much better. No slam on Magic - it's a great magazine, but, I really wish Stan Allen would bend a bit on the international subscription fee or consider a PC/Mac version of the magazine.