The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! :: All things are possible with God (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
MadderMax
View Profile
Regular user
Venice, FL
136 Posts

Profile of MadderMax
I am looking for a stage effect that would use this scripture as the theme. The show will be for 5th and 6th graders at a church camp.
I want to close the show with this scripture and a good effect. Any ideas?
John Mott
Wes Holly
View Profile
Special user
Cincinnati, OH, USA
644 Posts

Profile of Wes Holly
What wouldn't work with this? Magic is making the impossible seem possible. Needle thru balloon seems impossible. everyone knows that a needle will pop balloons. but with God guiding my hand, etc. Choose an effect that needs a build-up. explain how impossible it would be for this to work. perhaps a "serious" illusion would work better than a comedy effect, but, (ahem) all things are possible with God!

Personally, I use this phrase when juggling knives on a rola bola.
Happily Yours,
Wes Holly
www.wesholly.com
Cincinnati, OH, USA
MadderMax
View Profile
Regular user
Venice, FL
136 Posts

Profile of MadderMax
Good points, thank you. I have a ton of stuff I could do (and will be doing "impossible" things before the fianl effect) but I am wanting something that really captures the teaching. Maybe I am over thinking the effect. I have been considering T & R effects, change bag stuff, and even an escape. But nothing seems to fit just right.
I welcome any other thoughts.
John Mott
AlberttheAdequate
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of AlberttheAdequate
I would suggest the Guilt Is Gone trick. You promise that you can remove Guilt but, in the end, find it impossible. But you know someone who can, at which point you reveal the Jesus card. I think the magician's failure to remove guilt makes a strong point that this is only possible for God.
MSaber
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of MSaber
You can literally take any trick and fins a way to apply it to the gospel.