The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: NEWBIE TO RINGS!! HELP PLEASE!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of drjohn
OK time to learn something new......(other than cards and weird stuff)

I have bought the following.

RING THING - GARRET THOMAS
BANDED
RINGMASTER - DAVID JAY
DE;RING - DEVO
NINJA +
RINGLEADER - GREGORY WILSON
RING CHAIN - DAVID REGAL

OK I know there's enough there to last me years but is there any other books, dvds, trick, accesories that you guys would reccomend for ring stuff?

Really new to this sort of ,agic so any help appreciated, cheers guys!
May your darkness come quickly
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Looks like you have your work cut out for you already, but you might like a ring on rubber band routine.

My favorite DVD is:

PINNACLE by Russ Niedzwiecki

Also some nice moves on this DVD:

BAND-IT by Kris Nevling

Andre
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3713 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I have a Ring Casket from Viking Magic that blows people away. Borrow a ring, vanish it however you chose, and it ends up in the ring casket. I have someone hold the ring casket before the ring vanishes to make it really convincing!

Jim
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Dan Fleshman's Finger Ring Off Rope is an excellent magic routine. If you are looking for more then a quick trick, this routine is one of the best.

Bob Miller's Relentless Ring and string routine is very good as well.

I also suggest the booklet from Magic Inc. "Jay's Jinking Rings" it is excellent.

You may be interested to read this forum as well.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=4
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of drjohn
Excellent responses, thank you so much
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
The title reads like this is an emergency or worse! I can't see why you are asking for more resources with all that you say you just purchased already. Surely you haven't been through all of those yet?! Personally I think that you have all you need to go quite far with your ring magic. I know that I have a tendency to jump around too much when I have a few too many books/DVDs sitting in front of me.

I would suggest that you first go through Ring Thing and Ring Leader before looking at anything else. Both have a lot of great teaching and routines you can work on. Then I would look for Bob Miller's Relentless Ring and String ebook and DVD combo. With just those you can be performing very nice ring magic in no time. (Well, maybe not "no time"... Smile )

Jim
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of drjohn
Ha ha!! not an emergency just enthusiasm!! Been doing bizarre, street hypnosis and card tricks for 20 years yet always wanted to do something sleight of hand based that could be done at the drop of a hat without pulling out a deck of cards or a weird smelly old box! or getting someone stuck to the floor or forgeting there name(though all of these are awesome!!) lol

So I thought long and hard and after a years of failing with coins (still can't bloody classic palm coin!!!) I realised I love rings!! I wear loads of alchemy gothic style rings and thought hmmmm whats out there.

So six months ago I bought the list I made above and have been like a sponge since then soaking it all up!!

But as I am new to this I thought a question to the experts would help......which it has....I never realised you could do so much stuff with rings, Pinnacle looks good and other stuff by Marcus Eddie

Love the Ring Thing, love de'ring, love David Jays Ringmaster and spent a few months on those already.

The others I am dipping my toes into.....

Thanks for your responses
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5965 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
http://www.markleveridgemagic.co.uk/merrs.php I've been using a version of his ring-on move, that I modified many years ago.

http://www.wizardhq.com/servlet/the-5302......s/Detail This is a nice book. I'd refer you to the Magic Methods site, but the font sizes are all over the place, making it nearly impossible to read.