The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Brema Nut...need a good one (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1548 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
I recently purchased a very inexpensive ($5) Brema Nut for a routine I've been thinking of doing. When I received it, there is a very obvious line in the thing. I tried it with my 11 year old, and she immediately commented on the line in the nut.

Does anyone make a Brema Nut that is less obvious, or even invisible?
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
Dale J. O'Neill
View Profile
Regular user
I can't believe I only have
132 Posts

Profile of Dale J. O'Neill
Viking Magic has them. It is called the Spirit Nut. I have one and it is great.

http://www.vikingmagic.com/?nd=full&key=355
Twist,

Magically misdirecting you, one effect at a time.....

www.misdirectionist.com
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
I fully 2nd Spirit Nut from Viking Magic. Invisible. Adjustable tension even. There simply is no other challenger to this version.
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1548 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
Finally did get a chance to order one and got it in today. Can't even compare this to the piece of ...stuff I bought earlier. Fantastic!
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
Good call Rick! If you want to elevate the routine to new heights...lose the hanky.
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1548 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
I haven't seen any routines without a handkerchief. Any references?
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
Hi Rick. There are no references or manuscripts for this. It is simply something I came up with in response to people's dislike of the use of a handkerchief at the moment of the magic. I became aware of this situation, as I noticed a general fade-out of interest from about 25%-50% of the viewing public. Imo they are right to feel this way. It is a total buzz kill in almost all effects. I therefore modified all effects that used a hanky & scrapped its use. The only effect that I can justify the use of a hanky in is 'Burglar Ball'. The use of a hanky just builds suspense on this one. The move does not occur undercover either. The effect is then re-performed bare-handed anyway & creates a natural progression. When you truly think about it, the use of a hanky is a lazy performer's cop-out. There are some exceptions to this rule of course.

For tips (without causing exsposure, I hope), loosen the tension a tad. Everything is still untectable & examinable. You will have to work out your own handling to what is natural for you. It will take a bit of time, but you'll notice a HUGE impact difference on your audience. It's almost a new effect. Masterpiece class. When practicing, use 2 posts or some such set-up to hold the ends of the rope. This replicates the actual performance set-up & speeds up your learning curve. I hope this helps to clarify things.