The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: John Shryock Live at Ceasar's Magical Empire (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Joey Evans
View Profile
Special user
Fort Myers, FL
535 Posts

Profile of Joey Evans
Anyone know if this DVD is the same footage or different footage from his VHS. I have the VHS from a Magifest and was wondering about the clarity of the new one. Is it all new, or at least re-mastered?
The Visual Comedy and Magic of Joey Evans

http://www.Evansmagic.com/

The Impossible Has Never Been So Funny!
JohnG
View Profile
V.I.P.
377 Posts

Profile of JohnG
Saw John perform at the Magic Castle a few years ago. His close-up show was wonderful. Nice guy too.

John G
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1796 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
John has just finished a week here in New Zealand as 1 of the headliners at the 29th NZ International Magicians Convention through Tony Wilson & Alan Watson

All I can say is what a consumate professional he is!& a great approachable guy

A world class act he performed on the 2 sellout public shows-His floating Linking Rings, Himber Ring with audience as well as A fabulous Dancing Handkerchief routine that had the crowd in raptures & applause for John at the conclusion.

His close up lectures & advice were well recieved as was his floating ring with the volunteer!

People like John inspire many a magician to another level of performance, as is his easy going manner
-A top guy!!

His DVD as mentioned in other posts is very good- highly recommended!!

Thanks John
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2004-04-07 00:09, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Go to http://www.hocus-pocus.com. Sign up to be a member (it's free) and order the DVD.

Paul Gross is one of the BEST and NICEST people to deal with!

Chris

I don't see the DVD on Hocus-Pocus. You can give Paul a call and see if he can get it: (800) 407-4040

If he can't, you can try Williams Magic in Tucson Arizona ( where John is from ):

http://www.williamsmagic.com/index.php?m......id=12098
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
paulmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaysia, now In New Zealand
290 Posts

Profile of paulmagic
I was at the recent NZ Magic convention. I think he was the show stopper both for his stage and close up performances. His DVD is great.

He is very professional but very friendly and helpful and a good teacher as well.
Many Blessings!!

Paul
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1796 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Just spoke to Alan Watson (Magic e-zine) yesterday about the convention-
Alan has attended literally every major convention over the years as well as seen many acts at the castle while himself working there or visiting & Vegas shows.

Alan when talking mentioned that Johns act with the rings & in particular
the multiple dancing hank routine was the best around he had seen & Alan doesn't give praise lightly!!
Christian & Katalina
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Christian & Katalina
John is a very experienced performer and his wife Mari-Lynn is one of the best assistants you could ask for. Their professionalism is absolutely first rate. Someone stated earlier in this thread that he does standard magic. Yes, he does the classics and he does them very, very well.

His show is first rate and his abilities are evenly matched on the stage and close up. He is a very nice guy and she is equally as sweet. If you get to meet him in person he is very accommodating and will always help you with his signature big smile.

He has a full stage show and one of my personal favorite pieces is his rope routine. He spends a great deal of his time working cruise ships. He is a polished professional performer.
Milbourne Christopher Award for Mentalism 2011
The Annemann Award for Menatalism 2016
Author of "Protoplasm" Close-up Mentalism