The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tenyo of Japan :: Shigeru Sugawara of Tenyo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
7 out of 8 of Mr.Sugawara's tricks are now back in stock. 'Guri-Guri Card' is the lone hold-out right now. If you're there sometime browsing, be sure to check out the latest incantation of 'Circle/Square', which Mr. Sugawara vastly improved as 'Paradox'. On the front homepage, just click 'Mystery Rings' for a demo of the most recent twist on this effect.
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
If 'Quarterly Returns' stole the thunder of Lubor Fiedler's soon to be released 'Restoration Card', Shigeru Sugawara stole back the thunder with 'Guri-Guri Card' before the release of 'Enigma Card'. Current score...1 for the West & 1 for the East. Smile

It appears that the current 2 big sellers for Mr.Sugawara are 'Gur-Guri Card' & 'Holey Stick'. They are both hard to find in stock. Does anyone have any reviews yet? I blew this month's fortune on some old school illusions, so I am unable to help out right now in this department.
macdaddy
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of macdaddy
Guri-Guri Card is back in stock at Seo Magic today! Thinking about picking one up, but I have not read any reviews on it. Has anybody bought this?
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Seems a GREAT gimmick. Apart from that, ah well ... .

Mr. Shigeru Sugawara's tricks are, in my opinion, absolutely DYNAMITE <!>in the right hands<!>.
This forum, and I could be wrong, is visited by a lot of collectors, and therefore there is not much response, unfortunately.

I'm a collector and will not buy this (I have so many tricks that do more or less the same ... - and while this trick is very visual, there are other, less visual tricks, that will have the same effect on laymen, trust me ...)). If you're a performer, and this fits your repertoire/routine/style, go for it, seriously. It looks like a real winner to me!

I hope this helps.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
If any of you have questions that you'd like me to ask Mr. Sugawara, please email them to me directly at moobooks@verizon.net.
Thanks.
Do NOT post them here.
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
Thank you for your kind offer Richard. I'm going to take you up on what I consider a golden opportunity & true gift. Tenyo collectors should be thrilled about your gesture.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Guys, I need your help. Between getting Genii out every month, putting on the Genii convention, and finishing up my book on DeLand, I have limited time between now and my trip to Japan in October.

If someone could please list all the tricks that Mr. Sugawara designed for Tenyo and post it here (also send me an email at moobooks@verizon.net so I know where to look), I would greatly appreciate it and it would help me tremendously in my interview with him.

Thank you.
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
Richard...an E-mail will be sent shortly to your stated address. It should solve your time & workload problem.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Thanks, Inert. All locked and loaded.
The better choice, though, was to go to Tenyo's official site. There I could download a simple list of all items and inventors, then just delete the ones not by Sugewara.
mir11
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of mir11
Guri Guri Card by Shigeru Sugawara is awesome but cant be examined