The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Pardon me, sir... :: Where to start? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Vu Nguyen
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Vu Nguyen
Is there a recommended book I should read in order to start? Currently, I do card magic and would like to incorporate some pick pocketing into my performances.
mahucharn
View Profile
Elite user
418 Posts

Profile of mahucharn
Many people recommend Ricki Dunn's book (http://www.nnmagic.com/books/pickpocket.htm) to someone interested in pickpocketing. The book has a wealth of information in it.
Vu Nguyen
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Vu Nguyen
Wow thanks! Also, how would you go about practicing it on people? I would imagine it would be very difficult?
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
Depends,

if you have problems touching people to begin with, then it will be an uphill battle.

Practice the mechanics on your friends, but put it into application when performing for strangers. Friends and family know your ticks, so trying to steal their watch without tons of performances will a waste of time, most will see right through you.

I would look through the Ricki Dunn book and see what tricks he suggests to use while performing.

I'm trying to put together a list of magic tricks that would assist with steals. Not just watches, but making actual steals through performing real tricks, not just the Chappy Brazil version of failure to steal the watch.

I find it a stronger effect if you can make the magic trick work AND giving back their belongings, not just the ladder.