The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Essential Magic Conference :: EMC 2012 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6142 Posts

Profile of motown
Yes, let's hope this wasn't the last.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
riju1985
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of riju1985
I loved Stan Allens talk Tom Stones
Bill malone I think really has 2 chromosomes damaged
Stromberg
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Stromberg
This was really fun, I especially liked Yann and Dani.
KPhilip
View Profile
New user
Around the Globe
57 Posts

Profile of KPhilip
I hope it wasnt the last aswell.
Really enjoyed it all!
Dean Jones
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Dean Jones
This was my second EMC and I loved it just as much as last year (and I'm working my way through the dvd's of the first year). It was a shame the live feed for Derren and Teller didn't work out, but they were just bonuss anyway. As with last year I felt the first session justified the cost by itself. Eagily awaiting my Al Koran book now Smile
stevegore
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of stevegore
The EMC was amazing this year. Looks like they are planning Phase 2, so I assume it's on next year! I hope...
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
I strongly doubt phase two will be the same thing. I'd guess it'd be a new version of the conference of perhaps some other endeavor leveraging the existing community of speakers and attendees.
wizban
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of wizban
In past years, how much time passed for the production (and sending) of the DVD? I can't wait for the special content...(Teller and Derren brown special complete interview, and Maven effect explanation) Smile
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
The first year the DVD mailing was a train wreck. People didn't get it until the following Spring. Last year was a lot quicker. I can't remember the exact date, but I think it was in October or November at the latest.
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
For me the highlight of this year, as last year, was Gaetan Bloom. Hilarious routining and extremely strong magic. Tina was great and I thought David Williamson's talk was very moving. But these are just the tip of another "epic" year with any one of the speakers making the cost of fee worthwhile.

I missed some of the sessions due to my own gigs, and some of the videos don't want to play yet. But with 2000+ people all wanting to watch and rewatch them I'm really not that surprised the EMC servers are feeling tired.

For me this was my 3rd EMC and the whole has just gone from strength to strength.

I'm hoping that EMC Phase 2 won't take too long to come to fruition. And if they're looking for volunteers to help behind the scenes in any way I'd be more than happy to volunteer my services.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
erikl
View Profile
New user
Sweden
3 Posts

Profile of erikl
Quote:
On 2012-07-30 13:56, wizban wrote:
In past years, how much time passed for the production (and sending) of the DVD? I can't wait for the special content...(Teller and Derren brown special complete interview, and Maven effect explanation) Smile

Last year I think the DVDs may have been 2-3 months later, do not recall exactly. The additional download material was available sooner than that though, perhaps a couple of days after the conference.
mentalist.kin
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of mentalist.kin
The EMC 2012 Was Amazing!
Too Bad it's the LAST Smile
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1988 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On 2012-08-25 18:45, mentalist.kin wrote:
The EMC 2012 Was Amazing!
Too Bad it's the LAST Smile

As It was go good can someone explain why this is the last !
leolaurindo
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of leolaurindo
Wow, it's the last? Smile
Dean Jones
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Dean Jones
It was aprently always going to be a 3 year thing. However they are now moving into phase two (what ever that is). I think Paul Daniels is right in that we have to get 'the kids' off the rubish free content on youtube and ileagle downloads and get them suporting events like the EMC and relaising that paying for magic makes you stick at it and get more from it
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5204 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Amazing magic and great talks. I look forward to next session next year.
So much talent out there.