The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Step right up! :: "I want 2 decks...." (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Jon-O the Great
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Jon-O the Great
I’d never attempt to tell someone else how to sell, however--- (you knew that was coming, right?) I’m gonna tell you what works for me.

If a person is gonna buy 2 decks, I never give ‘em a deal on 2 decks. I ALWAYS say, “Ok, you’re getting 2 decks. That’s 20 bucks. Ya know, if you get 3 decks, the 4th one is free.”

If they then say, “No, we only want 2 decks.” I say, “Think about it, you’re gonna pay $20 for 2 decks. For only 10 bucks more, you get 2 more decks. Now, I know, you probably don’t need 4 decks—but Christmas is only_______days away. Makes a heck of a cheap gift, stocking stuffer, etc.”

You still make over $8 on the 2nd 2 decks. That is $8 you wouldn’t make if you didn’t mention it. I sold 4 sets like that this weekend. None of the people actually WANTED 4 decks…but they got ‘em.Smile

Jon
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
I like it Jon.
solrak29
View Profile
Special user
NY Metro
936 Posts

Profile of solrak29
I just had this happen this past weekend as two guys wanted to entertain their kids ( I found out later).
The one guy came by several time to see my demo and as I was packing up he came by and ask if I would
do the show again. I did it again and he enjoyed it and said what is it for two decks.

Now, I am working the deal straight fromm Don's DVD, squirmal, deck for 10 and then, and only then you
get the TCM. Sticking to my guns is trying at times. I looked around as if I'm checking that my boss
is not around (learned this from Don's lecture)I gave the guy a deal...ok then....two decks for 10.
Now he wanted the TCM....he bought both at the cover price I had the packaging...so I think that worked;
he seemed pretty happy with it...
To Find Me On The Pitch, Follow me :On Twitter
Checkout my pseudo blog : The Sidewalk Performers Forum

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx