The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPealing or APPalling? :: App development (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
vernon
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
559 Posts

Profile of vernon
I have an idea for a pretty cool effect for an iPhone app...

Don't know where to start even thinking about where to start... Any advice is welcome.

Thanks in advance

James
spadesy
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of spadesy
What does it do or is it something that you'd like to keep quiet for now? Is it advice on design or development that you need?
vernon
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
559 Posts

Profile of vernon
The idea of the effect is solid, It's just I don't know who or where to look in order to get it developed.

I am sure of the parameters, ie start positioning and functionality, just don't even know where to start looking.

Thanks for replying, as said any advice would be welcome.

I'd rather not say what the effect is for now, and realize it will cost. But any great idea is worthless without putting the pedal to the metal.

Thanks again

Regards

James
James Mattox
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of James Mattox
Are you any good with photoshop? You can find developer kits online that have all the common buttons, switches, and backgrounds and then put together screenshots of what you'd like each page within the app to look like. Then write up a description for each screenshot that describes what each button does. Then you take those design specs and get some bids from programmers. You can hire random people off the net cheaply at places like Odesk.com, or you could find someone on craigslsit, or you could try and find a student at a university who'd be willing to do it on the cheap for practice/resume building.

I can't speak for the other developers on here, but I'm always hesitant to hear ideas from other people as I am worried that it might be something I'm already working on.
vernon
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
559 Posts

Profile of vernon
Thanks so much for a path to getting it done. It is just such a what, where, how to get it visualized and done.

Am good with photoshop so that would be the way to go.

Flow chart it with stills and video to give as best a rendition as possible.

Then find a programmer...

A big thank you for your reply and to Spadesy also.

Now to get up off my butt and get it done.

Best Regards

James
spadesy
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of spadesy
Vernon, Graphics and layout would help a programmer like me and I've sent you a PM with further details.
vernon
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
559 Posts

Profile of vernon
Just got back from Vanuatu holiday Will reply to your pm
A big thankyou
JJ