The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: The Real Workers DVDs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Hi everyone.

It's more worth it to buy these DVDs rather than the videos of Michael Close. They squeezed all eight volumes in 4 DVDs.

Do you like these videos??
Yours,

Ivan
Nir Dahan
View Profile
Inner circle
Munich, Germany
1390 Posts

Profile of Nir Dahan
The 7 video set is a killer. Mike Close concentrates on real life magic. I don't like him as a presenter very much (just not my style), but he does know how to choose his magic.
as the title says they are workers! you will defenitely find in ach DVD at least 2-3 items you will use, which is rare in today's era, where each second magician produces a DVD with remakes and slightly modified versions of old material.
the stuff in those DVDs is solid material that I liked.
I found myself going back to the tapes more than once a month since I bought them.
nycmagic
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
54 Posts

Profile of nycmagic
I have the 7 videos and enjoy them very much. Mike Close constructs really powerful routines that are unique and doable in the real world. You will be fooled a number of times with the material here and the foolers are practical tricks that people care about(not count 4 piles, do a down-under deal and reverse faro the card). The origami tricks stand out on these tapes. Do yourself a favor and get these videos or his Workers books.

Jeremy
WandSpin
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of WandSpin
When I watched him do 'Ring Fright", my jaw dropped. I couldn't beleive it. I was never able to locate the "merceded benz" key he used. They seem to ahve stopped making them.
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I watched him do 'Ring Fright", my jaw dropped. I couldn't beleive it. I was never able to locate the "merceded benz" key he used. They seem to ahve stopped making them

Hi,
Peter crush in the UK produces UNI KEY which is like the mercedies key but a yale (cylinder) door key as mostly used here in the UK> I think he does them in car keys too. if not he will likely make you one as I know he makes superfolders (folders without the visible cut edge from any coins you supply.
I will look up his details and post them .. unless some one else has them to hand?
Phillip Smile
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
I didn't feel like spending money on all the 7 Videos of Michael Close. So I went and bought the Real Workers DVDs and I must say that it's really really good!
I love his material and think he's a really good magician. Highly recomended!!!
WandSpin
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of WandSpin
Quote:
On 2003-09-30 11:22, p.b.jones wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I watched him do 'Ring Fright", my jaw dropped. I couldn't beleive it. I was never able to locate the "merceded benz" key he used. They seem to ahve stopped making them

Hi,
Peter crush in the UK produces UNI KEY which is like the mercedies key but a yale (cylinder) door key as mostly used here in the UK> I think he does them in car keys too. if not he will likely make you one as I know he makes superfolders (folders without the visible cut edge from any coins you supply.
I will look up his details and post them .. unless some one else has them to hand?
Phillip Smile

Thanks Mr. Jones!! This is a big helpt o those that love this effect!!