The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Good News! :: Advice for Stage Illusions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
lostpoet
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of lostpoet
Hello,
I have a friend who does stage magic and he has the opportunity to do this at a local church (if he can present it with a biblical bases). I gave him some ideas and told him I’d ask for more advice and get back to him. I’m seeking any ideas you may have for the following illusions.

1-Mis-made woman
2-Zig-zag
3-Flaming head chest
4-Head twister
5-Chair suspension
6-Mummy
7-European asrah
8-Flying carpet
9-Vanishing bowl of water
10-Doll house
11-Crystal box
12-Sword suspension
13-Murder Inc.
14-Color changing dress
15-Viper basket

I think many of these lend themselves quite well. If you have any ideas and patter for these please let me know. If my friend could pull this off it would be a great boost for his spirit. Thanks a lot.
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Well my best advice is to pick one of the illusions and create a story, patter, whatever around it. I would not do a message with each and every trick. At most I would use two..and only if he starts a message with one...only to come full circle at the end with the other illusion involved. Too many people leave the audience with 3 or 4 or 12 different messages and thoughts. The audience cannot grasp onto one solid messsage. Personnaly it should revolve around the finale of the show...or better yet (and the way we prefer to do it, present it with the second to last effect. Drive home the message and then leave them breathless with one last great bit of magic.
Don't forget to build a rapport early. The audience doesn't care what he has to say if he doesn't build rapport first.
Good Luck!!!

Kevin
Living Illusions
http://www.livingillusions.com
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Illusions4Life
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
128 Posts

Profile of Illusions4Life
I agree with Kevin, draw the crowd in with good rapport, baffle them with great illusions, draw them to you, gain thier attention and trust, then drive home a powerful message that brings glory to God.

And by the way Kevin good to see you, I was away for a while, I hadn't seen you around since I started visting the Café` again.

Jim