The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Gambling Spot :: Red Black Pencil Scam (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
luvisi
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of luvisi
Quote:
On 2012-03-16 21:30, Cagliostro wrote:
I have never seen a normal everyday pencil with alternating red and black colors. I would think someone would have to have a "story" as the why a red/black pencil even exists, like he got it at the carnival or circus or it was a promtional item at the toy store he took his kid to.

How about openly, in front of the people you wish to play with, taking a sharpie to a "normal" pencil to make a yellow/black pencil?

Andru
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On 2012-03-17 13:36, cartouche7 wrote:
Marlin, in the book we talked about, the one with the auction, there is a number under each article. Is it the estimated price?

Yes.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2012, tommy wrote:
"Today, most wooden pencils are mass produced from large blocks of cedar cut into slats. A machine cuts eight grooves, half as deep as the graphite-clay rod is thick, into the slats, and then places rods in each groove. Once the rods are in place, a second grooved slat is glued on top of the first. When the glue dries, the slats are fed through a cutting machine that cuts the wood into various shapes and divides the slats into eight separate pencils. The seams where the two slats are joined are sanded down and several coats of paint are applied to the pencil, giving it the appearance of a solid structure."

I was just thinking perhaps a pecil can be un glued

Some pencils, ones without erasers and especially those flat carpenters pencils, you can get the whole graphite rod to pop out without splitting the pencil.