The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Ring for Ring & Rope (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
I'm looking for a ring for a "Ring & Rope" routine of a specific size, both in outside diameter and thickness. What I'm hoping to find is a ring with the outside diameter of 3" and the thickness being 3/16". I would prefer Brass, but Chrome or Copper will do and the the ring should be seamless. If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear from you.
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Sdmagic.

Thank you for your suggestion. I have taken a look at what they have available. The closest they can come is 3 5/8" outside diameter with the thickness of 5/16". What I'm really looking for is 3" outside diameter with a thickness of 3/16".
Magic Rik
View Profile
Loyal user
Eastern Canada
296 Posts

Profile of Magic Rik
Nonvpro

Try a tack shop. (horses and the like)
Magic Rik

Life itself is magic - I just want to help a bit!

https://www.facebook.com/Magic.by.Rik
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Just out of curiosity, why does this ring have to be so exact in size and measurement?

I think Capt.Hook is right on - a tack shop might be a great place to look. Of course, you can always have them made if you do not find what you are looking for.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
I had that exact size ring and used it for the past 20 years, until last week when I lost it. Just trying to replace something I've grown accustome to using.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3669 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Good luck novpro,

I know your pain. These stories can have happy endings. When you do find your new Ring, buy several.

-Mary Mowder
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
I understand now. Just to make yet another possible contribution:

http://www.elmwoodmagic.com/full/Accesso......4269.htm

This is the one that I use for most of my ring and rope routines. I also have the other brass ring offered by Craig Dickson, which I also bought from Elmwood, which is chrome plated for higher visibility on stage.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Wmhegbli,
Thank you for the links. However, the first one you provided did not work. I called the 2nd one and left a message and yet to hear from them.

Dr_J_Ayala,
And thank you also. However 8mm is pretty thick.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Quote:
On 2012-03-04 13:03, nonvpro wrote:
I'm looking for a ring for a "Ring & Rope" routine of a specific size, both in outside diameter and thickness. What I'm hoping to find is a ring with the outside diameter of 3" and the thickness being 3/16". I would prefer Brass, but Chrome or Copper will do and the the ring should be seamless. If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear from you.

Check with Craig at wizardcraft.com. I bought one that I think might meet your needs, but I can't find it right now. (nothing like having too much stuff spread between two houses!). If I find it, and it meets your specs, I will sell it to you!

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
I found my Wizardcraft ring. It's OD is 3 1/2" and thickness is 1/4". Mine is brass and seamless. I think he sells them for $10.00.
Sammy J. Teague
Conus
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of Conus
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1163 Posts

Profile of Corbett
I use the solid brass ring from Wizard Craft, and love it. Size, weight, appearance, etc.. are great.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
You can also find many very unusual (and interestingly quite beautiful) rings in a big range different sizes, and thicknesses, materials, and styles (rounded sides, flat sides, etc.) in an out of the way place.

I’ve made the journey (wearing dark-lasses) and was both surprised and very pleased at the huge selection. I’ve found exactly right weighted and sized rings, even some with rainbow or colored titanium coatings.

The store is your local “Adult Toy Story” or “Adult Video and Love Products” shop. Yep, not your usual magic store… just get over it, if you want something special you have to go a little out of your way to find it.