The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: F/X :: MP3Tech Remote........... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Has anyone tried to use a PK Ring to make music start, stop.

Say you have the remote in your pocket.

You can use the legs controls to do the same thing.

So would a supermagnetman.com Ring works with this.

FYI BTW I use 3 9V batteries to power my MP3Tech and it works great.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Mystical Matthew
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Mystical Matthew
I've not tried it with a PK Ring. In theory it should work.

My fear with using this feature has always been accidentally triggering it. Even with the leg switch option. I've never actually made use of it for that reason.
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
I have two buddies that have and use a MP3Tech all the time and they swear by the leg controls.

I have a craft foam template of my right pocket with a velcro square that I attach my remote to.

This makes certain that the remote is always in the same place.

I got this idea from one of the helpful Café members.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of John Martin
I use a PK ring all the time. When I got my first Mini Tech, I was working at a theme park and used the ankle switch. I was not happy with the results. Many times I had to bring my ankles together more than once to start the music. I always felt like I was standing at attention. I've solved this with a PK ring. I cut out a piece of cardboard, the size that thumb tacks come on. I glued on a piece of velcro and stuck the remote to it. this goes in my left front pants pocket. It's a simple matter of lowering and touching my hand to my side and the music starts. What's good with this set up it that with my fingers I can use the other functions as well, such a pause, skip etc. The ONLY drawback is that the pocket can't be used for anything else, lest you set of the music accidently.

John

George, what is the set up you use with the batteries. Thanks.